What's your game plan to beat UGA?

yellajacket20

Georgia Tech Fan
Defensively, their offense's biggest threats are the TE's. Their other skill players are good, but they don't have the RB's and WR's that have torched folks in the past. However, Bowers is a monster. Our Safeties have played really well the 2nd half of the year. We will need them to bottle up the TE's as much as possible. Stetson isn't Lamar Jackson, but I have seen him burn teams for 10-15 yards on 3rd and long to keep drives going. We should play him much like we did Maye to prevent him for extending drives with his legs.

On offense, I think we need to catch them off guard with Taisun. He ran almost exclusively against UNC. It would be great to have the backside WR take off upfield and try to catch them keying on the run with a few shots downfield. With Gibson in the game, I would try to get McCollum running across the middle against man coverage. He is our best route runner, catcher and YAC guy. We should try to scheme him open if possible.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Hear me out. Those idiots are already looking ahead to two weeks from now and beyond. They do not even need this win. Hell, they shouldn't even play their starters past the second half but its a rivalry and we know that will probably happen. I kind of like our chances of keeping this thing close up until the 4th quarter. They have a great offense that has been sputtering the past couple of weeks but that is where we have to take advantage. Everyone talks about their amazing TE's and rotation of freaks at RB but #84 is who really gets the energy going for them on offense. Runs great routs and has really good vision. We need 3, maybe 4 turnovers with 1 being a defensive score. I think we sprinkle in a little wishbone to see if we can keep the chains moving with the running game. Thats the only way we have a chance to make this respectable.

JoJaTeck

Georgia Tech Fan
This will be the first time in a while, an inspired Jacket squad steps on the fielld with them - I've felt the last several years the game was over before it even started. Who knows, we get some breaks get out to an early lead and get them reeling into the 2nd half and anything can happen (We're talking 18 to 20 year old kids here).

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I agree that limiting possessions is in out interest. The HUNH will have no place here unless we catch them in a lazy substitution package or have an explosive play resulting in us trying to punch it in on the next snap.

I am dreading their TE sets but it is what it is. We know they’re problematic so won’t be surprised by that at least.

The defense is going to be the way for us in this one. I really believe we need to be praying for a scoop and score or pick 6 in the first half.

The saving grace is it means much more to us than them to pick up this last W. Get it, and heck we might be the next Disney Sports based on a true story movie.

Lets go win this one for Mickey.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Defensively I say we go 3-2-6 And rush 3 every play. Have Charlie shadow Bowers every play man coverage with the rest of the team in Cover 3. Running a 3-2-6 with a Man Cov LB would pretty much make it a 3-3-5 defense but instead of an extra pass rusher we take away a DL and add another DB so we can have Charlie being 1 on 1 with bowers every play. Would be very soft against the run but I think Charlie is our best chance of stopping their NFL TE room. We aren’t going to get pressure on Bennet rushing 4 anyways might as well have the extra DB. Now this could very easily be schemed around by UGA at halftime, but this is something that would throw them off and keep us in the game early. Clemson went 3-2-6 Quarter against LSU early on and had the best College Offense ever struggling early.

TheDanielHordShow

Helluva Engineer
1. On defense, keep bringing our A-Game and play like your hair is on fire.

2. On offense, similar to the UNC game, we need to have some DEATH MARCH drives. Continue to alternate quarterbacks throughout the game to throw their defense off rhythm.

3. No mistakes on special teams. Make your FG’s and good punt coverage and execution.

4. Us fans need to pray. Demaryius, I know you’re up there.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I just hope we can get ANY points on the scoreboard and actually get a few stops and turnovers on Def, don’t shoot ourselves in the foot on ST’s. Hurry up offense killed Tennessee vs. uga after they went 3 and out a few times, that was stupid of them lol. We need to milk the play clock on every single down to rest our def as much as possible.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Defensively I say we go 3-2-6 And rush 3 every play. Have Charlie shadow Bowers every play man coverage with the rest of the team in Cover 3. Running a 3-2-6 with a Man Cov LB would pretty much make it a 3-3-5 defense but instead of an extra pass rusher we take away a DL and add another DB so we can have Charlie being 1 on 1 with bowers every play. Would be very soft against the run but I think Charlie is our best chance of stopping their NFL TE room. We aren’t going to get pressure on Bennet rushing 4 anyways might as well have the extra DB. Now this could very easily be schemed around by UGA at halftime, but this is something that would throw them off and keep us in the game early. Clemson went 3-2-6 Quarter against LSU early on and had the best College Offense ever struggling early.
Charlie won’t be able to cover Bowers

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Charlie won’t be able to cover Bowers
He’s the only matchup we have Size and Speed wise. No he won’t completely shut him down but watch any UGA game this year if Bowers isn’t getting man cov he’s a dink and dunk route runner and will get open against any zone he pretty much has an option route on every pass play as soon as he recognizes what zone the defense is in he knows what route to run. that’s why Stetson is always rolling out the Bowers side to give it time to develop.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
He’s the only matchup we have Size and Speed wise. No he won’t completely shut him down but watch any UGA game this year if Bowers isn’t getting man cov he’s a dink and dunk route runner and will get open against any zone he pretty much has an option route on every pass play as soon as he recognizes what zone the defense is in he knows what route to run. that’s why Stetson is always rolling out the Bowers side to give it time to develop.
He’s gonna need a safety to cover him, Charlie is not great in coverage, he’s a nightmare nobody what you do

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
herb GIF

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Ace and Thomas are going to have to have their greatest game ever. They cannot take a play off. Hall seems to have a tendency to stop at the line of scrimmage, looking for running space. Can't do that this week. I have no answer for their tight-ends. This will be the best offensive line we've faced this year. If we have any defensive linemen thinking about the NFL, this will be the game to show you have the ability.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Ace and Thomas are going to have to have their greatest game ever. They cannot take a play off. Hall seems to have a tendency to stop at the line of scrimmage, looking for running space. Can't do that this week. I have no answer for their tight-ends. This will be the best offensive line we've faced this year. If we have any defensive linemen thinking about the NFL, this will be the game to show you have the ability.
DL has to keep them clean so they can fill their gaps. We need to hold their OL if they try to climb to the next level. Dare the refs to call it.