What's the loudest you've ever heard Bobby Dodd Stadium?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Some of these games are hard to forget, not only because of the win, but because of the atmosphere. I'll offer an initial top 3. Watching these highlights gave me chills all over again.
  • 2009 vs. Virginia Tech - "All the way turnt up!". My 2 cents... this was the loudest game from end the end that I can remember.

• 2016 vs. Florida State - "Kick 6". One of the loudest, most exhilarating single moments during my tenure as a GT fan.

• 2006 vs. Maryland - Michael Johnson saves sacks the day. Sweet relief, kind of like Cooper Taylor's forced fumble vs. FSU which is an honorable mention for me. This one was nuts for a few game-saving downs.

What else you got?

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Some of these games are hard to forget, not only because of the win, but because of the atmosphere. I'll offer an initial top 3. Watching these highlights gave me chills all over again.
  • 2009 vs. Virginia Tech - "All the way turnt up!". My 2 cents... this was the loudest game from end the end that I can remember.

• 2016 vs. Florida State - "Kick 6". One of the loudest, most exhilarating single moments during my tenure as a GT fan.

• 2006 vs. Maryland - Michael Johnson saves sacks the day. Sweet relief, kind of like Cooper Taylor's forced fumble vs. FSU which is an honorable mention for me. This one was nuts for a few game-saving downs.

What else you got?

98 vs UVA

coldbeer

Ramblin' Wreck
All great games when the stadium was rocking!

A few more....

2008 vs FSU (Finally broke the streak vs the Noles when Cooper Taylor forced the fumble at the goal line and Rashad Reid scooped it up.)

2008 vs Miami (Dywer runs wild on Thursday nighter. Last nail in the coffin for Randy Shannon.)

2006 opener vs ND was pretty loud as well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
All great games when the stadium was rocking!

A few more....

2008 vs FSU (Finally broke the streak vs the Noles when Cooper Taylor forced the fumble at the goal line and Rashad Reid scooped it up.)

2008 vs Miami (Dywer runs wild on Thursday nighter. Last nail in the coffin for Randy Shannon.)

2006 opener vs ND was pretty loud as well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

08 FSU was odd because stadium was pretty much silent before the fumble. We pissed away and lead and they were slowly marching to the end zone to win, then fumbled on 1st and goal from the 1. Definitely got loud after

08 Miami — That wasn’t even halfway through randy Shannon’s stint at Miami, so don’t think it was the “final nail” in his coffin. His team smoked us in both 09 and 10

In recent memory, I would say 2016 FSU. But the most intense game I have ever attended at BDS (then simply Grant Field) was the 1962 Tech - Bama game. It was not-stop yelling, cheering, and screaming from about 15 minutes before kickoff till the very end. Whether it was the loudest, I can't say now, but, as I said, it was by far the most intense.

GT Chillin' It

Jolly Good Fellow
2009 “All the way turnt up” against VT is the absolute loudest I can remember. That place was rocking for sure and I’m pretty sure we got a shout out from Heather Denich on ESPN about how loud it was on the field that night. The salty tears of the VT fans complaining about the volume of our sound system were glorious as well.

sweeper

Georgia Tech Fan
VT at GT 2009 was beyond crazy and loud. Would donate a kidney to feel that at least once every year.

Clemson at GT 1984. Sitting in north end zone bleacher seats with trash and cups raining out of the stands onto the field. Insane down there. Was a high school senior visiting that wknd. Couldn’t wait to get to Tech after that game