What would JT have done in this offense?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Well, he was going to be a DB at Bama, right? But it seems Collins prefers those to be over 6ft. I suspect slot receiver like Ahmarean Brown

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Who knows how things were actually going to shake out, but he was recruited for QB at Bama and FSU. Now, I'm sure he knew he'd have to find another position if he wasn't going to be close to the top of the depth chart. I'm sure CPJ was clear that he was never going to be anything other than QB.

Jacket4Life9

Jolly Good Fellow
Given the opportunity, I think JT could've been a fine QB in a spread/pro system.

He wasn't Kyler Murray, but he was more of a QB than a lot of people gave him credit. We sorely missed his arm after his departure.

I'll always cherish my memories of JT's time on the flats and between the hedges. 2 out of 3 against the Dwags (despite his 2 COSTLY fumbles in '14) puts him in a place not many Tech QBs enjoy

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I think he would have done great and really shine in this kind of offense. He was Kyler Murray before Kyler Murray.

No. Kyler Murray was absolutely ridiculous in HS. He was absolutely ridiculous in college.

JeT would have been a good QB in Patenaude's offense, and Patenuade would have made hay with JeT. JeT was just a damn good football player. Jet was accurate when he had time, and on the move. Very underrated passer.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Would have been a QB, come on y'all. Tobias is still at QB, and JT was a WAY better passer.
CGC was very complimentary about Tobias's ability to read coverages and ability to hit his target on the money in practise. With the gun and adequate pass blocking, I think it is way to early to draw this conclusion.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk