What was your favorite play from the Pitt game??

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
That part where they introduced the coach ....

nicole richie hair flip GIF

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Funny thing - I remember a lot of good plays, but the single one that stands out in my mind was on the first drive. It was 3rd and (somewhat) long IIRC, and Jeff Sims scrambled to his left and ran downfield, defenders closing in fast.

In previous games, we've seen him slide short of the first down marker, or run out of bounds short more than once. I never liked seeing it - especially on 3rd down - but always looked at it with resignation and thought, "Dude got hurt previously - guess he's just being gun-shy." Even though a big part of me said "Channel Joshua Nesbitt, put your pads down and get the extra 2 yards!!!" Sp this time I prepared for the worst.

And then he leaned forward, got to the marker and made the first down.

This week, a lot of what Key said in the press conferences and leading up to the game was about attitude. I believe he spoke multiple times about (paraphrasing) "making something happen, not waiting on it to happen." And when this run happened early on, I perked up. I thought, "Huh. This is different. Maybe the team bought into some of what CBK was preaching. Maybe some of the attitude rubbed off." And sure enough, it appeared to - throughout the game we saw instances like this, where extra effort was put in. It wasn't always rewarded, but it made the difference.

And when that attitude is present from the QB, it goes a long way. We saw it again from Sims throughout the game, most noticeably when he threw a beautiful downfield block for Hassan Hall late in the game.

For me as a fan and a viewer, that one play stands out as a turning point. Pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things, and not the "best" play - but pretty huge in the illustration of a different mindset.

(Okay, as far as favorites go, either that play or anytime Charlie Thomas was on the freaking field. Dude was a walking highlight reel.)

Regardless, proud of the entire team. Too many great plays by too many players to single out just one as the "best." Lots still to work on, but this was a great, much-needed game.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
The five or six times where the stone-handed Pitt defenders showed that they can’t catch. I know those near-interceptions that Sims threw only count as incompletes but geez…gotta protect that ball and make better decisions.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
The five or six times where the stone-handed Pitt defenders showed that they can’t catch. I know those near-interceptions that Sims threw only count as incompletes but geez…gotta protect that ball and make better decisions.
True. It would be nice to see him cut down on those. It is year 3. He has thrown lots of int’s and has had plenty of them dropped over the last few years