What was the first GT and Non-GT football game that you attended?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
What was the first Georgia Tech and Non-Georgia Tech football game that you attended? The first GT game that i attended was GT's 48-3 win over The Citadel on September 22nd 1984. Someone i knew had a friend that worked in Grant Field and got me and my friend a couple of student tickets to the game:cool: The first Non-GT games that i attended were the November 21st 1976 17-10 win by the Falcons over the Dallas Cowboys in Tommy Nobis last season(he returned an interception for a touchdown:cool:) and i went to see Tennessee beat New Mexico 31-6 on September 10th 1983,

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
My first cfb game was 9/2/1995 as Tennessee took on East Carolina in Neyland Stadium, my second was the following week when the Vols stomped on the Dawgs guided by John Hall's foot. I have long held vitriol for the pups.

My first GT game was 9/5/2009 against Jacksonville State as s RAT. Game two was 5 days later in a shellacking of Clemson with one of the best fake field goals of all time.

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
First GT game was my first CFB game - vs. Navy at Grant Field in the mid-seventies...

First non-GT CFB game was as a student at Presbyterian in 1982... First 1A non-GT game was UGag vs somebody in 1984... Don't remember much about that experience other than sneaking into the cesspool without a ticket... Got what I paid for...

5277hike

Jolly Good Fellow
What was the first Georgia Tech and Non-Georgia Tech football game that you attended? The first GT game that i attended was GT's 48-3 win over The Citadel on September 22nd 1984. Someone i knew had a friend that worked in Grant Field and got me and my friend a couple of student tickets to the game:cool: The first Non-GT games that i attended were the November 21st 1976 17-10 win by the Falcons over the Dallas Cowboys in Tommy Nobis last season(he returned an interception for a touchdown:cool:) and i went to see Tennessee beat New Mexico 31-6 on September 10th 1983,

First Tech game I think was 1962, a 14-14 tie with FSU. Billy Lothridge was the qb. I was a sheltered 8 year old and was shocked to hear people say "hell" in public when RRFGT was played

Saw the Falcons and Saints play in Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium somewhere around 1968. Only pro game I ever cared to go to.

First Tech game I think was 1962, a 14-14 tie with FSU. Billy Lothridge was the qb. I was a sheltered 8 year old and was shocked to hear people say "hell" in public when RRFGT was played

Saw the Falcons and Saints play in Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium somewhere around 1968. Only pro game I ever cared to go to.
Yeah, I was there for that FSU game too as a rat. It was sickening, but I think it was because everybody was looking forward to the Bama game the following week, which Tech won in "revenge" of the Darwin Holt / Chick Granning incident the year before.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
First GT game was probably 2008 FSU. I might have gone to one earlier but it's the earliest I remember. Was only 17 and dad had mobility issues making it impractical to go before. Great first game though with a crazy goal line stand at the end.

First non-GT game was probably GSU vs Albany my freshman year in college. It also featured a wild goal line play with a blocked extra point returned for a two point defensive score. That 3 points wing turned out to be the difference in the game.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
1962 Homecoming vs Tulane 42-12. Lothridge and Martin were too much for the Greenies. 1st non GT was UNC vs USC in Columbia, SC, in 1962.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

I remember that 1976 Falcons - Cowboys game well. Nobis, who had already announced his retirement effective at the end of the season, said before the game that a win over the playoff-bound Cowboys from his home state of Texas would make his time spent in Atlanta all worthwhile. With the Falcons hanging on to a lead and the Cowboys making a last-ditch drive at the end of the game, he intercepted Staubach to preserve the win. He didn't return it for a TD, but just picked it off and went down with it. What also made the interception so memorable was the way he shook the ball - he had to be the happiest guy in Atlanta Stadium. RIP Nobis.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I remember that 1976 Falcons - Cowboys game well. Nobis, who had already announced his retirement effective at the end of the season, said before the game that a win over the playoff-bound Cowboys from his home state of Texas would make his time spent in Atlanta all worthwhile. With the Falcons hanging on to a lead and the Cowboys making a last-ditch drive at the end of the game, he intercepted Staubach to preserve the win. He didn't return it for a TD, but just picked it off and went down with it. What also made the interception so memorable was the way he shook the ball - he had to be the happiest guy in Atlanta Stadium. RIP Nobis.
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Texas_Wreck53

Georgia Tech Fan
First Tech game was the blow out vs Western Carolina in 2011. Starting out 6-0 that year was great!

First non GT game was probably a Rice football game in the early 2000s I can barely remember or Texans vs. Patriots in 2003 at Reliant Stadium. We took them to over time with Vinatieri missing a field goal at the end of the game and getting a fg block in overtime. But they eventually beat us with a field goal and went on to win the Super Bowl in the same building.