What Was The Best Part of The 2020-21 Football Season?

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
Probably the FSU win, or the Louisville win.

But I'm guessing you probably meant the 2021-2022 football season;). So the UNC win. Completely outweighed by all of the horrible moments during the season and the outcome

In the words of Smashmouth, "The years start coming and they don't stop coming"

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Because I can’t think of any. Tech has had bad years before, though it’s hard to think of one worse, except in won/loss terms, but college football as a whole was just one big, boring plot line this past season.

In years past we have had football seasons with interesting intersectional matchups that were intriguing not just because the teams were good but because it promised to give insight into how different regions of the country matched up in terms of strength and styles of play. Not this year.

In years past we’ve had several interesting Cinderella stories or surprise teams coming out of nowhere. Does Cincinnati count? Meh.

In past seasons we were inundated with lots of power house teams across the country, almost too many to keep your eyes on at one time. This season was the weakest I’ve seen in my lifetime. Even the mighty SEC, with the exception of two teams, was terrible. And no other conference was as good.

Bowl season, outside of a couple of games, was a washout and the playoffs were a complete bore.

Styles of play for 90% of teams have devolved into “shotgun and a cloud of dust” with lots of incomplete passes, runs stuffed at the line, and a playbook that seems to settle into a game plan of 3 or 4 main plays. When pro football started doing this a few years ago I quit watching and I’ve never gone back.

Football used to bring me joy, relief from every day stress, and was a pleasant pastime with family and friends. Other than a son-in-law who watches uga, nobody I am close to even watches football anymore. I understand why.

So to repeat the question, was there any thing enjoyable for you about football this year?
Actually I thought I liked it right up until I read this posting.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Probably the FSU win, or the Louisville win.

But I'm guessing you probably meant the 2021-2022 football season;). So the UNC win. Completely outweighed by all of the horrible moments during the season and the outcome

In the words of Smashmouth, "The years start coming and they don't stop coming"
(slaps forehead) Yes, I meant 2021-22 football season. I forget which year I’m in now because I’ve read so many times on here that Covid years don’t count on your football record. 😊

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Three great things and 1 we will see.

1. Clemson and unc had an offensive plan to just smash mouth gt by running. They never figured out that we had no deep pass defense.
Hope springs eternal that good teams se play can be stupid.

2. The total shame of BDS Being RED on thanksgiving weekend has brought the Admin into facing reality. Gt fans will sell out gt football for money. The solution must be structural at the top$

3. Uga wins NC makes fans face reality that we have to UP our support of gtaa and the team or drop the series.

So 1 -3 are reality

4. We have a new OC and a QB COACH and thats a place for unrealistic hope for great results. Hot to have hope

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
Looking at college football as a whole, some things that stand out

Michigan finally beating Ohio State
Penn State-Illinois 9OT silliness
Nebraska finding ways to lose every week
Texas A&M upsetting Alabama
Deion Sanders using NIL to stage a recruiting coup at Jackson State
The G5 finally crashing the playoff

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
As a season ticket holder at two schools mine are for Tech, the UNC game and tailgating with my son, brother and friends. For Army every game day on the Hudson is incredible, Army beating an SEC school in a bowl game and watching my daughter parade on the field at Army Navy

As a general fan, the Rose Bowl was pretty awesome

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
As a season ticket holder at two schools mine are for Tech, the UNC game and tailgating with my son, brother and friends. For Army every game day on the Hudson is incredible, Army beating an SEC school in a bowl game and watching my daughter parade on the field at Army Navy

As a general fan, the Rose Bowl was pretty awesome
Did your heart stay in your chest?

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Reading the weekly @ClydeBrick Gameday post is always a highlight for me.

Life is fleeting and each day is precious, so seeing his enduring optimism and getting a weekly reminder of how lucky we are to share this experience with each other is always high on my list of things I’m grateful for out of football season.

I want to win the games, but the connection I have with my family, friends and fellow alumni is recharged each fall by talking football during the week and winter/spring by talking basketball.

Talking trash and football with this board has been a constant touchstone for me back to my days on campus and helps me feel a sense of virtual community with you all - even though my wife and I graduated coming up on 15 years ago and we moved away from Atlanta 7 years ago. For that, I’m eternally grateful.

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
I know the year sucked and all, but UNC was as FUN game so lets not rewrite history too badly. In MB stadium where the PA system is more helpful than our own stadium. The crowd was loud and into it. Sims running up and down the field and making good throws. We still had a glimmer of hope of what we could of been. My friends and I tailgating all day outside the stadium. That day is what college football is all about.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Three great things and 1 we will see.

1. Clemson and unc had an offensive plan to just smash mouth gt by running. They never figured out that we had no deep pass defense.
Hope springs eternal that good teams se play can be stupid.

2. The total shame of BDS Being RED on thanksgiving weekend has brought the Admin into facing reality. Gt fans will sell out gt football for money. The solution must be structural at the top$

3. Uga wins NC makes fans face reality that we have to UP our support of gtaa and the team or drop the series.

So 1 -3 are reality

4. We have a new OC and a QB COACH and thats a place for unrealistic hope for great results. Hot to have hope
Unfortunately, many on this site will not donate or buy season tix simply because they feel they can send a message to the AD that way. I say, send in all the money you can. Buy an extra season ticket or 2. And on the memo line line of the check, that's where your message to the AD goes. I give what I can. I started eating in the stadium this year because that's money to the AA. Why should the Varsity get my $20 when the AA can have it? List GTAA as your charity through Amazon and a % of each purchase goes to the GTAA.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
We made some much needed staff changes albeit not as many as we should have. Needed to clean house sans Coach Choice.

It also seems like Collins has had a wake up call where all the rah rah rah, 404 404 nonsense can be put to bed and he can actually focus on coaching.