What two things do these 4 guys have in common?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Mills, Marshall, Thomas, Lynch

:banghead:

That's right, our 4 leading rushers from last year's team and they're all not playing Sept 4. Well, Lynch is still possible, but highly doubtful.

That's 72% of our total rushing yards from last year.

One thing that separates the really good programs from all the rest is the ability to reload. We'll find out real soon if we are a really good program. I think we can beat the Vols, but I bet it sure won't be pretty. It's gonna be one nail bitin', beer spillin', tv cussin', remote throwin' good time! Hold onto your butts!

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Tennessee lost ~75% of their rushing and ~95% of their passing. This is why I think this could be a real low scoring game.

and this is why I feel good about Tech coming away with the win. TN is breaking in WAY too many brand new skill position players while Tech has experienced returners at most of the skills positions. It may well be a low scoring game but I look for a 24-14, 24-17 Tech win

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
2016 Mills was a true freshman with a spring practice. Marshall was a sophomore with 1 years game experience. We lost 1 year game experience and 2 years game experience for 2017.

They are being replaced by 2 redshirt sophomores with no/little game experience and 1 freshman with fall camp. I like the talent, but the game experience will be missed. I believe we will be presently surprised by this group.

This is not 2015 with a true freshman and a transfer at running back. But, the missing game experience will have some impact.

Lynch is a player. He will be backed up by Nathan. Lynch had excellent hands and had excellent timing on rocket tosses. Nathan is a blocker/hard nosed runner. I have no data on Nathons hands. I expect Lynch back this year, but it would be foolish to prentend he is not a key weapon to help defeat UT

The OP had a very sobering post. Let's see how these other guys step up.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I think sometimes we forget about JJ Green. If CL misses any time with injury, I think JJ could go out with a bang in his final year. The KR vs. PITT was a thing of beauty. He also made some nice catches. I think JJ and QS could be as good a combo at AB as we've had.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
One of the things I like about our system is that it doesn't require superstars at the skill positions to make a ton of plays on their own. The system itself provides a ton of yards if it is just executed at a decent level. If the guys playing execute, we will be fine. If they do a little on top of that, we will be more than fine. Missing players hurts, but it probably hurts less than in a deep handoff type of system.