What true Freshmen play this year?

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
IMO the team has 5 areas of concern where we will or might need some freshmen help:

QB depth. With Byerly's performance in the Spring, Swilling available, and barring unforeseen injury we hopefully will not need freshman Jordan this season.

BB. Again barring injury to Laskey, reliability/experience of Connors, and performance of Donovan in the Spring we hopefully will not need Leggett.

OL. Here is where the coaches may be looking for freshmen help from Stickler/Klock/Brown or if there is a successful waiver for Eason M. I cannot determine whether or how much OL help and who?

DE. This is the most critical as freshman Freeman is already counted on and Whitehead must come through. There are not any other apparent answers here.

CB. Durham is already on the D2

For other reasons and in the interest of building depth there may be others selected by the coaches such as Searcy, M Autry, Austin(s), Merriweather.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Seguira is reporting that Qua is coming in at WR?

He must mean slot receiver...as in AB...as in we're going full run and shoot!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Anytime a head coach says a true frosh may come in on the line of scrimmage...well that ain't good IMO. With rare exception such as Clowny it does not bode well. Not particularly surprising considering our concerns about RT I guess.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Anytime a head coach says a true frosh may come in on the line of scrimmage...well that ain't good IMO. With rare exception such as Clowny it does not bode well. Not particularly surprising considering our concerns about RT I guess.
In general, I agree with you. However there is an occasional exception such as Shaq Mason. When he played as a FR, he was not the weak link on the line. Clowny would've been an exception anywhere he went. This year, I would not be surprised if Stickler plays.