What the...?

Jetdrive3

Jolly Good Fellow
Sorry that I did not see that reported. It would definitely change my view of things. Every time I have seen him he has been almost jovial for someone who is failing so badly.

And to clarify, I actually like Pastner. But I also get where the other poster is coming from, the idea that if you are killing a program and there’s nothing you can do to save it, you might want to consider whether or not it is ethical to keep going to the bank cashing checks.
He fell asleep in a campus parking deck after a perplexing loss. He needed to be at home. I’m sure it’s impacting all facets of his life. He’s a nice guy, but the fit is wrong. GT in the ACC is a tough place without an established recruiting base. AZ, Memphis don’t translate into recruiting ATL. Calipari carried his connection with him when he left. It seems like Atlanta AAU squads should be fertile, but I don’t understand the money “connection “. I’m sure it’s unseemly. NIL is probably key, but who’d want to invest locally? Maybe rappers or or a certain movie company?

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Sorry that I did not see that reported. It would definitely change my view of things. Every time I have seen him he has been almost jovial for someone who is failing so badly.

And to clarify, I actually like Pastner. But I also get where the other poster is coming from, the idea that if you are killing a program and there’s nothing you can do to save it, you might want to consider whether or not it is ethical to keep going to the bank cashing checks.
I am not the biggest CJP fan around but the idea that he doesn’t care or isn’t doing everything 100% of the time to make this the best BB team he can is absurd. No doubt it’s killing him inside that the losses are mounting. I suspect he isn’t sleeping as well as a host of other stress related maladies. He has demonstrated he loves coaching GT BB and badly wants the team to win.

No one should question his integrity at all.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
He fell asleep in a campus parking deck after a perplexing loss. He needed to be at home. I’m sure it’s impacting all facets of his life. He’s a nice guy, but the fit is wrong. GT in the ACC is a tough place without an established recruiting base. AZ, Memphis don’t translate into recruiting ATL. Calipari carried his connection with him when he left. It seems like Atlanta AAU squads should be fertile, but I don’t understand the money “connection “. I’m sure it’s unseemly. NIL is probably key, but who’d want to invest locally? Maybe rappers or or a certain movie company?
I’ve seen his wife and agree with the bolded part.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I am not the biggest CJP fan around but the idea that he doesn’t care or isn’t doing everything 100% of the time to make this the best BB team he can is absurd. No doubt it’s killing him inside that the losses are mounting. I suspect he isn’t sleeping as well as a host of other stress related maladies. He has demonstrated he loves coaching GT BB and badly wants the team to win.

No one should question his integrity at all.
Then we shall see.

Jetdrive3

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm unaware of any high profile litigators who resign from their firms, giving up their partner equity and all perqs, if they lose a couple of cases. Then again, lawyers aren't known for their personal integrity....
Is that interpreting or re-interpreting black letter law (BTW, just learned a new phrase...black letter law, thanks)
It is both. We think the law is a settled point, and then it gets reinterpreted by the same court. Stare decisis is lost principle.