What the Russians are really afraid of …

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Here it is:

And now they've contrived to double these peoples's military budget …

Notice the horsetail standard out front.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Are you saying that the resistance movement against Hitler makes Putin fear a resistance movement in his own military?
I am guessing that he is saying that a re-arming Germany is Russia's greatest fear, considering what happened between those two in WW2.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I am guessing that he is saying that a re-arming Germany is Russia's greatest fear, considering what happened between those two in WW2.
Oh, that makes sense.

I was just thinking about the location. There is a memorial there to the German officers who plotted against Hitler. That unit pledges loyalty to Germany on the anniversary of the attempt on Hitler’s life. The vow is a kind of “never again” will we allow a dictator to overthrow democracy.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
The vow is a kind of “never again” will we allow a dictator to overthrow democracy.
It's amazing what entire populations of people will rationalize as justifiable, understandable or even acceptable as history repeats itself before their very eyes.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
It's amazing what entire populations of people will rationalize as justifiable, understandable or even acceptable as history repeats itself before their very eyes.
As a species, we do a terrible job of imparting the wisdom we learn the hard way in our lives to our young. Our young (and yes, I was young once ...) basically are infamous for not believing what older people say and think they know better. In fact, when I was young the catch phrase was "Never trust anyone over 30". Ergo, history repeats itself again, and again, and again...ad nauseum

GT33

Helluva Engineer
As a species, we do a terrible job of imparting the wisdom we learn the hard way in our lives to our young. Our young (and yes, I was young once ...) basically are infamous for not believing what older people say and think they know better. In fact, when I was young the catch phrase was "Never trust anyone over 30". Ergo, history repeats itself again, and again, and again...ad nauseum
Yes, we’re now the ones not to be trusted and we shake our heads about how dumb they are. Give them a few decades, they’ll be just as dumb as us if not dumber.