What the New GT Football Squat Record* Being Set Looked Like

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

#30 Going to WORK! June 2017

This is what the GT football squat record looks like when it's broken* (as I was given the information :) )... that's moving 600 LBS lbs 3X!

*the record is what was stated at the time being the total weight moved in one set of squats. I do not have verification that this the actual record

Link

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Wow! If Shamire ever needs to be carried off the field, Benson could manage with no problem. What a combination of speed and power. There are so many players that I want to see in action this year.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Shows his knee is pretty good!

Always a chance for injury... Even if just running down the field.

Yeah but a proper training regimen increases power, speed, etc. and helps reduce the kinds of injuries that can occur from going too heavy and increasing tightness. Conditions that can lead to those kind of "freak" injuries.

I trust our strength and conditioning staff though.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
My understanding is that the record isn't a one time squat but reps x weight.

Just what I was forwarded, hence the *
[emoji4]

If it's reps x weight wouldn't the number be WAY higher? Maybe they have to do 3 reps for it count?

I think he's got 600 lbs there. That's a bunch of 45's. Six 45's on each side, plus the bar is 45, plus two little 7.5's, is 600.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
If it's reps x weight wouldn't the number be WAY higher? Maybe they have to do 3 reps for it count?

I think he's got 600 lbs there. That's a bunch of 45's. Six 45's on each side, plus the bar is 45, plus two little 7.5's, is 600.
1800 total is correct.