What Tech will look like on offense in 2017 …

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Is what I saw last night when I watched the re-run of the Navy - Houston game. Worth, the Mid's QB, could have been cloned from Matt Jordan: a hard runner between the tackles and a sure three - four yards at the edge when he doesn't pitch. The rest of their O is quite similar as well, although we have more speed at AB. Also, I'll take Mills over Swain at BB any day.

Of course, it would be nice to have their schedule in 2017 too …

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Is what I saw last night when I watched the re-run of the Navy - Houston game. Worth, the Mid's QB, could have been cloned from Matt Jordan: a hard runner between the tackles and a sure three - four yards at the edge when he doesn't pitch. The rest of their O is quite similar as well, although we have more speed at AB. Also, I'll take Mills over Swain at BB any day.

I hope we havent reached the point to where we compare our program to Navy.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I watched as well, if I remember correctly they had 1 so, 1 jr, 9 sr. I think that is why their o ran very smooth that game

GTFLETCH

Banned
I think our Offense will be
QB - Matt Jordan ( we will see more TO as he can get Downhill like Tevin Washinton, but pass better)
BB - Mills
AB- JJ Green
AB - Clinton lynch
WR- B Stewart
WR - R Jeune
OL-Froyman
OL- Devine
C-Marshall
OL-Bruan
OL Bryan

Defense
DE- Freeman
DT- Adams/Glanton
DT- Henderson
DE- Simmons
LB-Alexander
LB-Mitchell
LB/DB- Lewis/Austin
DB-Simmons
DB-Durham
SS-Austin
FS-Gray

KR-Cotrell/Green
PR-Cotrell/Stewart

ACC Championship game for sure if we stay healthy

stech81

Helluva Engineer

Yes navy's QB's run the TO the right way the QB should not keep running to the sideline that is the A-backs lane. Love JT and his speed but if you go back to watch Nesbitt and Washington most of the time if they kept it they cut up field off the tackle back end.
To answer your question I think next year can be very good we need to find a center on offense and I like MJ at QB. Defense should be better if they would be more aggressive

Techster

Helluva Engineer
For some reason their QB looked bigger on TV, but he's only listed at 6'1 205. He looked like a Tim Tebow clone out there.

One thing I'm sure of is we'll see more plays like this:

CPJ has been reluctant to use JeT in the Midline and I think that's taken away from some things. Certainly, with a QB that's bigger we can use Midline more to get 3-5 yards which keeps us ahead of schedule in down and distance. It's quicker hitting than some the option plays that stretch horizontally.

Also, from a defensive standpoint, I think teams know CPJ is hesitant to run midline (or any QB calls between the tackles for that matter) with JeT and calls more option plays outside of the tackles thus defenses can use it to their benefit shading personnel towards that area. With Nesbitt and Washington, QB plays between the tackles were a staple.

EDIT:

I found a JeT midline play:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Good Thing Matt Jordan is a better passer then Tevin

Passing is more than just throwing the ball further and having a nice pretty spiral.

Most of being a passer is mentally making great reads, accuracy, and anticipation. I would put arm strength behind all of those.

Tevin made great reads, and had to anticipate well to make up for his lack of arm strength (which was way below average for a QB on this level).

Those things are TBD for MJ...though I really did like his HS tape throwing the ball. MJ does have adequate arm strength to make all the throws in our offense so in that regard he'll be fine.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
When you look at our offense even next year....One player to shut down Dedrick Mills. Do you think when Clemson, Miami, Va Tech and UGA are game planning the coaches say....."Well guys we may lose this game but Brad Stewart wont beat us." Its almost sad

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think our Offense will be
QB - Matt Jordan ( we will see more TO as he can get Downhill like Tevin Washinton, but pass better)
BB - Mills
AB- JJ Green
AB - Clinton lynch
WR- B Stewart
WR - R Jeune
OL-Froyman
OL- Devine
C-Marshall
OL-Bruan
OL Bryan

Defense
DE- Freeman
DT- Adams/Glanton
DT- Henderson
DE- Simmons
LB-Alexander
LB-Mitchell
LB/DB- Lewis/Austin
DB-Simmons
DB-Durham
SS-Austin
FS-Gray

KR-Cotrell/Green
PR-Cotrell/Stewart

ACC Championship game for sure if we stay healthy
I think cooper will be the center and after cpj comment about lee would be playing a lot if he knew the assignment better, he might win the LT spot.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
For some reason their QB looked bigger on TV, but he's only listed at 6'1 205. He looked like a Tim Tebow clone out there.

One thing I'm sure of is we'll see more plays like this:

CPJ has been reluctant to use JeT in the Midline and I think that's taken away from some things. Certainly, with a QB that's bigger we can use Midline more to get 3-5 yards which keeps us ahead of schedule in down and distance. It's quicker hitting than some the option plays that stretch horizontally.

Also, from a defensive standpoint, I think teams know CPJ is hesitant to run midline (or any QB calls between the tackles for that matter) with JeT and calls more option plays outside of the tackles thus defenses can use it to their benefit shading personnel towards that area. With Nesbitt and Washington, QB plays between the tackles were a staple.

EDIT:

I found a JeT midline play:

I think we ran a midline twice in the 2nd half vs Pitt, and I think JT made the wrong read both times. I haven't gone back to double check. Does anyone know if this is right?