What some of the "money" is saying

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Interesting that USC fired its HC hours after losing to Stanford at home last weekend. USC was favored by 17 and Stanford hasn’t been expected to make a bowl game this year. Could USC be looking at the 2nd greatest transition in college football history? LOL!

Firing a coach two games into the season means a wrong decision was made. Either it’s a knee jerk reaction or it’s a late decision that should have been made the year previous. Either way, a wrong decision.

USC presumably has money that we don’t have(this is a guess on my part) to get away with this, but even if we had the money, I don’t understand firing someone so early in the season. Yes, despite my involvement in the “Fire Geoff Collins” thread, I don’t actually want anyone to get fired right this second.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Firing a coach two games into the season means a wrong decision was made. Either it’s a knee jerk reaction or it’s a late decision that should have been made the year previous. Either way, a wrong decision.

USC presumably has money that we don’t have(this is a guess on my part) to get away with this, but even if we had the money, I don’t understand firing someone so early in the season. Yes, despite my involvement in the “Fire Geoff Collins” thread, I don’t actually want anyone to get fired right this second.
Unfortunately, one of my favorite posters on all of GTSwarm started that thread. To not see the thread at all (because it would have pissed me off more and more every day), I had to "ignore" him. I was (am) very unhappy about that.

@John @CuseJacket is there any way to ignore a thread without having to ignore the font that started the thread?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
UT, FSU, USCw.....where did things go sideways and stay there for these programs?

USCw's problems started with the sanctions leveled against them from the Reggie Bush scandal. Pete Carroll jumped ship to the NFL and let the program get gutted by scholarship reductions. Their recruiting has recovered most of their talent, but too little, too late at this point. If they can get a decent coaching hire, they are in prime position to compete with Oregon in the Pac-12 and make some playoff runs. They are currently 10th in the overall Talent Composite.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

The funny thing about it is that an early-season firing was what led to them keeping Helton around as the full time coach. He was originally the interim coach after Sarkisian got fired for being drunk on the job, and the team rallied around him so well they didn't want to rock the boat by dumping him for someone who hadn't proven he could win at USC. It's hilarious to me that they are going to possibly put themselves in the same position just a few years later.

slugboy

Staff member
Okay, somehow I missed on what the “money” is saying.
Something about UCF girls?

Way back up the thread, they expect to win this year. I'm sure they still do, but there haven't been any rumors I've heard since Ken's initial story.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately, one of my favorite posters on all of GTSwarm started that thread. To not see the thread at all (because it would have pissed me off more and more every day), I had to "ignore" him. I was (am) very unhappy about that.

@John @CuseJacket is there any way to ignore a thread without having to ignore the font that started the thread?

Yeah, you could just ignore it without using the “ignore” feature. It’s crazy. I ignore things I disagree with all of the time in my life and there’s no ignore feature in life.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, you could just ignore it without using the “ignore” feature. It’s crazy. I ignore things I disagree with all of the time in my life and there’s no ignore feature in life.
Right. I've tried that. Doesn't work for me. Seeing that thread title rankled me and would have continuously aggravated me every time I came on this site. By not seeing it, I'm a much more calm person. Really, I am.