What some of the "money" is saying

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Call directional Illinois whatever you want. There’s some pesky lower division schools that can scheme and have enough decent players to compete. They aren’t one of them.

Look at what Norvell is doing year 2. You don’t need half a century of rebuild to win 6 games a year.
Mike Norvell was 3-6 last year, with a loss to us, and is currently sitting at 0-1 for this season.

Also, didn’t realize Norvell is only 39 years old. Looks 49.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
Call directional Illinois whatever you want. There’s some pesky lower division schools that can scheme and have enough decent players to compete. They aren’t one of them.

Look at what Norvell is doing year 2. You don’t need half a century of rebuild to win 6 games a year.

Speaking of posts that didn't age well...

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Mike Norvell was 3-6 last year, with a loss to us, and is currently sitting at 0-1 for this season.

Also, didn’t realize Norvell is only 39 years old. Looks 49.

Make that 0 and 2, baybeee!!

Been wondering why all the Norvell-aholics went dark these past few days. Maybe there are widespread internet outages going 'round?

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
After reading the Homer Rice piece in the AJC, I'm quite pleased and confident that heads will roll immediately if we lose to Kennesaw and heads will roll at the season end if this is another <=4 win campaign.

LINK

i'm sorry but I'm not going to spend one red cent on the abysmal AJC. Can someone just give me a bullet point summary of what the article said?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
That’s a fact.

He got their fan base excited, turned heads, etc. Now everybody wants to run him out of town.

That being said I’m not sure who is in worse shape, them or us.
Fsu is a ready-made, factory. Should never struggle like they have the last few years.

Kudos to you for owning up, by the way. Always count on Lib to be a stand up guy.

Now where're the rest of the Norvell fans?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Fsu is a ready-made, factory. Should never struggle like they have the last few years.
I mentioned this somewhere else. They have systemic issues down there. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians....in other words, their athletic department is being "helped" too much by their boosters. Until that is resolved that school may not be attractive a destination as we might have once thought.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I mentioned this somewhere else. They have systemic issues down there. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians....in other words, their athletic department is being "helped" too much by their boosters. Until that is resolved that school may not be attractive a destination as we might have once thought.
Depends on what you are for :

1631538622630.png

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Having lived in Orlando, just my personal opinion: UCF coeds > FSU coeds
My brother went to FSU in the 60's and it was still a majority co-ed school. I think it used to be a Teacher's College. Anyway, the ratio of 6:1 girls to guys. He said he went to every football game and never had the same date twice. Said it was as close to Nirvana as one could hope for.

The Athletic Dept is a mess. Also, the admin are putting the brakes on investing in athletics which is one of the reasons Jimbo bailed. They are returning to a mediocre team but will probably do ok just based on in state talent. I think the domination days are over. Unless you're a coed.

SoMsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Yes, there is a big difference.

In Florida, you take an FSU girl to a Fla Swamp Fest and drink beer all night.

You take a UCF girl to a Fla Swamp Fest and drink beer all night, But she keeps her clothes on.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
You're kidding, right? The again maybe I've been missing something? I'm not as young as I used to be.

Yes, there is a big difference.

In Florida, you take an FSU girl to a Fla Swamp Fest and drink beer all night.

You take a UCF girl to a Fla Swamp Fest and drink beer all night, But she keeps her clothes on.
That's a positive?

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
That was a former 4 star QB from Clemson throwing to a former 3 star receiver from Duke for the final TD against FSU Saturday night.
Jax State has been a haven for the talented though sometimes misguided or unhappy with the previous situation at an ACC or SEC school. But they did get beat 31-0 by UAB.
FSU played sloppy all night long. Should never have been in a situation where you have a guy running down the field one on one and then both guys pull the Alphonse/Gaston routine.
Norvell, to his credit, owned the loss in the post game presser and apologized. Because that was embarrassing.
The FSU folks I know are pulling for Norvell. I think now because they don't want to have go through this again in such a short time.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
That was a former 4 star QB from Clemson throwing to a former 3 star receiver from Duke for the final TD against FSU Saturday night.
Jax State has been a haven for the talented though sometimes misguided or unhappy with the previous situation at an ACC or SEC school. But they did get beat 31-0 by UAB.
FSU played sloppy all night long. Should never have been in a situation where you have a guy running down the field one on one and then both guys pull the Alphonse/Gaston routine.
Norvell, to his credit, owned the loss in the post game presser and apologized. Because that was embarrassing.
The FSU folks I know are pulling for Norvell. I think now because they don't want to have go through this again in such a short time.
Jax St. has been a haven, but they still haven't been very good.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Interesting that USC fired its HC hours after losing to Stanford at home last weekend. USC was favored by 17 and Stanford hasn’t been expected to make a bowl game this year. Could USC be looking at the 2nd greatest transition in college football history? LOL!