What some of the "money" is saying

yjack

Jolly Good Fellow
Time to win and be competitive.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yup, five wins is the expectation by Vegas (and me). Six wins is what the donors want.

Looking at the UNC \ VT game last night, it's clear the overall athletic performance of those teams has increased too. Gonna be interesting to see how we stack up.

Please God let us be able to kick FGs. We don't belong on the field if we can't.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
As I've pointed out previously, outside of B$%# L%#@$, every coach since Ross has won 6 or more games by their third season. Unlike previous coaches, CGC has the advantage of utilizing transfers immediately. I believe someone posted a chart of the roster of ACC teams with respect to recruiting and transfers. GT has the 5th most talented team in the ACC. I believe only Miami and UNC have a higher ranked roster in the Coastal than GT does. NIU and KSU should be automatic wins for GT. That leaves 4 wins from the rest of the schedule. If GT can't get that, well, I think that's an issue.

Yes, it's not an easy schedule we have, but 6 wins is very doable. That is the point of being a good coach...it's not just about recruiting (which CGC is proving to be VERY good at for GT), but it's also about utilizing and developing the talent you bring in, and utilizing the coaches we have. I think we have some future coaching stars. Whether it's through traditional recruiting or the transfer portal, it's time to see growth in this program. IMO, anything less than 6 wins is a disappointment given the transfers we've brought in, and the amount of talent littered across our roster.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hopefully Stansbury is in charge and not the big money guys. The big money guys have forced bad decisions before. I hope we are past that.

Big money forces most decisions. IIWII.

I contribute to baseball. But not a big donor there either. I've got no problem with Teixeira calling the shots along with other big donors there.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I hope these guys are pooling their money. I tried to support Collins but these LOSs still stink. No push from the D and some of these O linemen were being thrown around like rag dolls by these MAC guys.
The choice of 1st string QBs is also a concern. Looked like last year against these MAC guys.

LibertyTurns

Banned
We'll find out this Saturday as we play our one and only "D-1AA" on our schedule this year.
Call directional Illinois whatever you want. There’s some pesky lower division schools that can scheme and have enough decent players to compete. They aren’t one of them.

Look at what Norvell is doing year 2. You don’t need half a century of rebuild to win 6 games a year.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Call directional Illinois whatever you want. There’s some pesky lower division schools that can scheme and have enough decent players to compete. They aren’t one of them.

Look at what Norvell is doing year 2. You don’t need half a century of rebuild to win 6 games a year.
Right. Northern Illinois is FBS, just like Tech.

After reading the Homer Rice piece in the AJC, I'm quite pleased and confident that heads will roll immediately if we lose to Kennesaw and heads will roll at the season end if this is another <=4 win campaign.

LINK