What players are you most excited to see in the Fall?

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Tyler Davis - could possibly have top 10 Tight End numbers in the nation this year.

Juanyeh- could be all ACC by end of the year.

Brown- could be ACC All Freshman team. Super electric.

Quarter Back position in general. I think we see all 3 at QB this year in different packages. Lucas, Tobias, James.

Tre Swilling- does he take his game to that next level. Can he solidify himself as a first 3 rounds kind of guy???

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully a year in the strength program will have benefitted Charlie Thomas immensely. The kid can play and just needs to be more physical this year.
There is no reason to doubt Juanyeh Thomas at this point. He will shine.
Adonicas Sanders looked good in the spring game.
I want to see what Tobias Oliver will be doing. My gut tells me he will have a major role, somehow.
Good to hear from you!!!

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
I don't know if I would say excited, but I am really curious to see if Ja'Quon Griffin can make an impact on the DL. He is REALLY short for a defensive lineman (roster generously lists him at 6' but I bet he is no more than 5'9" in reality), but if you watch his HS tape, his explosiveness is off the charts. He was often in the backfield before the offensive lineman had take the first step out of his stance.
I am really hoping for an Aaron Donald kind of player, but we will have to see...

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
Very telling (and not in a good way) the defensive front seven is getting crickets in this thread.
Have you read the posts? Charlie Thomas has been mentioned a few times and people have also mentioned Dingle, Clayton, and Sylvain who are all on the DL. Really the only defensive player that is consistently named is Juanyeh cause he is electric and should shine with coaching from CGC. Most of the players mentioned are on the offense cause the scheme is drastically different and people are excited to see what some of the players can do in the new roles.

As for my list, I will add 2 new names to the ones listed for the front 7:
1. Lee: He seems to be thriving with the position switch and am excited to see what kind of an impact he can bring.
2. Curry: I was not really impressed with him last year but he did show some flashes. He is obviously one of the key leaders on the defense and I am interested to see how he has developed as a player.
3. Lucas: I have been waiting to see him lead the offense since he got on the Flats and I think he will do great in this new offense.
4. Jalen Camp: He is big and physical and am excited to see what he can do when he has a better passing QB at the helm.
5. Cotrell: He seems to be highlighted a lot in the social media posts from the workouts and spring practices. I am interested to see how he is utilized in this offense.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Carter at WR
Juanyeh at S
Clayton at DE
Chimedza at DT
Graham at whatever he’s doing

I’ve been super high on Carter since we signed him. Think he’s gonna emerge as a playmaker for us.

Didn’t get too see a ton of Juanyeh in the secondary last year. Big and fast.

Clayton is such a question mark. Could be our savior or another overhyped DE transfer like Whitehead.

Chimedza was a huge recruiting win on the DL. And there’s a big hole to fill at DT. Hopefully he can give us quality minutes.

Graham is electric. Gotta get him the ball somehow.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Lucas Johnson - interested to see how he finally produces after years of speculation based on HS and spring game highlights

Jamious Griffin - highest ranked RB to step on campus since Dwyer, huge recruiting victory and could carry us into the new era

Ahmarean Brown - true freshman burner in the slot

Adonicas Sanders - showed some freak athleticism in the spring game. Was an under the radar recruit that many said was a huge get for us. I think he will have some exciting plays this fall

Antonneous Clayton - 5* talent just waiting to have a breakout season.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Tre $ (Most potential on the Team.)
Juanyeh ( Is he really a good safety? Ready to find out.)
Mason ( Ready to see his running style pared with Coach Keys blocking schemes.)
Sanders ( Has done nothing but great things at practice since he arrived ready to see it in this offense on GAMEDAY. )
Chimedza ( Someone has to step up on the DL.)

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
I don't know how much he'll see the field this season, but I really want to see what Jordan Yates can do with the ball in his hands.

Also, looking forward to seeing how Mason and Howard adapt to the new offense, and really would like to see Jamious get some carries as well.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I am interested to see Antoneous Clayton (assuming his eligibility) simply because I want to see what a five star looks like in our uniform. I want to see the size compared to our other guys.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I will be there cheer the red shirt seniors who have stayed but may not get prime time playing time.

Takes team players to be good.

I particularly hope curry does get playing time due to his physical performance and not just because he knows the plays. I think he could be special.

slugboy

Staff member
All of them. I’m still not sure where people will stick on offense and defense.
Curry has had a great offseason. Hopefully his season is even better. Would like to see a lot out of the Swillings. I’m interested in Carpenter as a DB.
Jahaziel Lee is still listed on Ramblinwreck.com on OL, but I’m looking forward to seeing him at DT.
And whoever wins the KR/PR job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I don't know how much he'll see the field this season, but I really want to see what Jordan Yates can do with the ball in his hands.

Also, looking forward to seeing how Mason and Howard adapt to the new offense, and really would like to see Jamious get some carries as well.

I will say this for Yates. He may not start game 1, but whoever does is going to have to be really good in order to keep Yates off the field this season. I do not believe he will redshirt, personally. Bold prediction. :)

GT_EE78

Banned
J.Griffin- I expect him to be the main RB by second,third or fourth game
L.Johnson- the wait finally over. If there's a "must succeed guy" this is him
- and no more injuries ,stay on field until Yates or Gleason is ready
J.Graham- hoping he's not backup QB cuz we need this talent on the field
A.Clayton- Our first 4 Star DE since Kellon in 2012. Can't wait to see him in action
M.Ezzard- first 4 star WR since Calvin in 04 . go waiver go
Swillings- Legacy gotta step up
Any DT - that gets a sack in the first game is on my list for sure