What music are you listening to?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
** @orientalnc elbows @4shotB out of the line **
No. You will not. EmmyLou needs me and not you. This is serious and I am prepared to fight. Pick any Waffle House and set the time and date. Let's do this. I have always bent over backwards to present an illusion of civilty and polite discourse. But youu have crossed the line my friend. Let's move this to PM so we don't draw any further attention here from the mods and their unintertpratable peccadilloes.

* If we are going to meet and fight at the WaHo, i insist on having the All-Star Special first and then a 90 minute nap before engaging in fisticuffs. This is non-negotiable on my part. Bring it my friend. In general, I have noticed that people don't like me when I am mad. My wife says most people don't like me no matter what but she has always been a picker of nits (imo).

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
No. You will not. EmmyLou needs me and not you. This is serious and I am prepared to fight. Pick any Waffle House and set the time and date. Let's do this. I have always bent over backwards to present an illusion of civilty and polite discourse. But youu have crossed the line my friend. Let's move this to PM so we don't draw any further attention here from the mods and their unintertpratable peccadilloes.

* If we are going to meet and fight at the WaHo, i insist on having the All-Star Special first and then a 90 minute nap before engaging in fisticuffs. This is non-negotiable on my part. Bring it my friend. In general, I have noticed that people don't like me when I am mad. My wife says most people don't like me no matter what but she has always been a picker of nits (imo).
I first saw her and the Hot Band in the 70s at the Alabama Theater in Birmingham while I was in grad school at UAB. I think I was in line ahead of you.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I first saw her and the Hot Band in the 70s at the Alabama Theater in Birmingham while I was in grad school at UAB. I think I was in line ahead of you.
I have seen her (in concert) many times as well over the years. I am undecided if I liked her with the Hot Band or SpyBoy better. But that's akin to choosing to the current emotional debate raging in the FB forum trying to choose between Collins or Lewis imo, albeit a much more pleasant conversation to have. ;)

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Been listening to a lot of Elliott Smith lately. We lost a lot of basketball games this season, okay?

Kidding aside, I am going through 2022 albums and really enjoyed Black Midi's Hellfire today...sort of proggy/jazzy post-punk.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm a big Classic rock guy (huge Beatles fan), but 2 bands i've been listening to alot recently are
Sammy Rae & The Friends
Lake Street Dive

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I am also a big Rachel Price fan. I booked her for our theater when she was a freshman in college, then again as part of Lake Street Dive. Here is her doing something different.

Wow. Good stuff!

Reminds me of a local Atlanta artist that Mrs. PDM and I follow, Ansley Stewart:

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
I am also a big Rachel Price fan. I booked her for our theater when she was a freshman in college, then again as part of Lake Street Dive. Here is her doing something different.

She made a good choice of a cover, as she takes an old Blind Faith song that suits her singing well. For those that don't know, Blind Faith was the original so-called super group from the late '60s that featured Steve Winwood on vocals and Eric Clapton on guitar. They only had one album. The album cover was notorious for having a topless girl maybe junior high age holding a silver metallic model of a plane that looked like a phallic symbol.

Back to the song, Steve Winwood had one of the finest voices in rock, and Rachael matches up with him quite well.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Well, keeping with my guitar playing focus:

A little heavier than Extreme used to be, but this might be the best rock guitar that I have heard since Eddie from the 80s.