What music are you listening to?

Juanita

Georgia Tech Fan
Liked em better when they called themselves "Dixie Chicks." Political correctness is one of the things that's killing this country. No one can laugh anymore.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Frankly, my dear, I think that is total BS propagated by the "politically correct." I am a chick from Dixie and proud of my heritage. I'm sorry (sorta) if this offends you. But, here goes:

Didn’t listen to it. General Lee said that the confederate battle flag should be buried forever. He was right.

I recommend a visit to the civil rights museum in Atlanta. Better yet, go to Montgomery and see the equal justice museums and memorials. The only bs today is people who deny how shameful our past was.

Now let’s get back to music without getting on your Dixie hobby horse.

Tennessee GT Fan

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm listening to Hall & Oates

hallandoates_darylhalljohnoates.jpg

Juanita

Georgia Tech Fan
Didn’t listen to it. General Lee said that the confederate battle flag should be buried forever. He was right.

I recommend a visit to the civil rights museum in Atlanta. Better yet, go to Montgomery and see the equal justice museums and memorials. The only bs today is people who deny how shameful our past was.

Now let’s get back to music without getting on your Dixie hobby horse.
Didn't mean to get you in a wad. I have been to the museum. Impressive. I am not as you say, "on a Dixie hobby horse." I advocate embracing EVERYTHING that happened in our past. Better than the present. Furthermore, "guilt" is something that you feel/do to yourself. "Shame" is what others impose upon you. I will not be shamed. Long live music!!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Didn't mean to get you in a wad. I have been to the museum. Impressive. I am not as you say, "on a Dixie hobby horse." I advocate embracing EVERYTHING that happened in our past. Better than the present. Furthermore, "guilt" is something that you feel/do to yourself. "Shame" is what others impose upon you. I will not be shamed. Long live music!!
No problem with anything you said. I just am not fond of the term Dixie because of it’s use in the antebellum south. Slavery was the darkest period in our nations history and I’m ok with not celebrating that. Otherwise, let’s enjoy the music!

slugboy

Staff member
Have you checked out "Live from Daryl's House" on Youtube?? It is fantastic. Here's a sample (this cover may be better than the original which is saying a lot):

I didn’t realize it moved to YouTube. That’s a fantastic show

Heard this again today—an oldie

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I didn’t realize it moved to YouTube. That’s a fantastic show

Heard this again today—an oldie

When I lived out in va. Highlands (back when most people didn't want to live there) i became friends with a guy from Emory. We decided at the last minute to go see George at the Electric Ballroom. I didn't know much about him as he was relatively unkown. Vince was from Delaware so he, of course, was a big fan. Must of been a crowd of about 80 people. Some kid from Texas opened for him. The kid was Stevie Ray Vaughan. To this day it remains the best live music event I have ever seen in person. Both of those guys were unknowns (or virtually unknown) and played with the kind of energy you don't see after people have "made it" and or worn down from years on the road. When you saw/heard SRV play, you knew you were in the presence of greatness. I remember going to see a minor league baseball game with my Little League team when I was a kid. The catcher for the other team was Johnny Bench. Our coach told us to remember his name as he was going to be a star one day. He was right...I have never seen a better catcher in my lifetime. The "it" factor that Calvin Johnson had on the field. Great people stand out from the crowd.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
When I lived out in va. Highlands (back when most people didn't want to live there) i became friends with a guy from Emory. We decided at the last minute to go see George at the Electric Ballroom. I didn't know much about him as he was relatively unkown. Vince was from Delaware so he, of course, was a big fan. Must of been a crowd of about 80 people. Some kid from Texas opened for him. The kid was Stevie Ray Vaughan. To this day it remains the best live music event I have ever seen in person. Both of those guys were unknowns (or virtually unknown) and played with the kind of energy you don't see after people have "made it" and or worn down from years on the road. When you saw/heard SRV play, you knew you were in the presence of greatness. I remember going to see a minor league baseball game with my Little League team when I was a kid. The catcher for the other team was Johnny Bench. Our coach told us to remember his name as he was going to be a star one day. He was right...I have never seen a better catcher in my lifetime. The "it" factor that Calvin Johnson had on the field. Great people stand out from the crowd.
WOW! That show is going to be a bucket list item for me once I get my time machine kinks figured out

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
SRV is my all time favorite guitar player. Incredible touch and sensitivity on each note, not to mention effortlessly fast.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Saw Dylan at the Fox Theater this year and was emotionally impacted in ways I didn’t expect. I’ve seen more than a few shows at the Fox and I often don’t like the sound but this was the best sound I’ve ever heard from a singer and band at the Fox. Very balanced.