What music are you listening to?

slugboy

Staff member
With the “nice ***” lyric to kick things off, the church choir won’t be singing this, but “girl, you smell better than a barbecue” is one of the more romantic lyrics I’ve heard in a while. I’ve been enjoying “Skate” since it dropped earlier this week:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Boston. First album. First half LP with only 3 epic songs. My favorite album ever.

Just got my Sony PS-T2 turntable and albums back from my brother after 25 years. He lost his house to Hugo and all his albums. So I gave him mine. Visiting the other day, he said he had them and was looking to get rid of them. I got them back :)

Listening three rooms away it still sounds good. (Wife out of town) Have to position the turntable so the woofer doesn't put in skip. Later, Led Zeppelin "Houses of the Holy". Too damn nice for a Monday night.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Boston. First album. First half LP with only 3 epic songs. My favorite album ever.

Just got my Sony PS-T2 turntable and albums back from my brother after 25 years. He lost his house to Hugo and all his albums. So I gave him mine. Visiting the other day, he said he had them and was looking to get rid of them. I got them back :)

Listening three rooms away it still sounds good. (Wife out of town) Have to position the turntable so the woofer doesn't put in skip. Later, Led Zeppelin "Houses of the Holy". Too damn nice for a Monday night.
Very cool to pass the records back and forth that way. I have some of my dad’s old jazz and big band stuff and love putting them on when he is visiting.

There is something romantic about the knowledge that every time you play a record it loses just a touch of fidelity from the wax cutting out - it always makes me listen deeper when I’m playing vinyl than when I’m streaming digital tunes over Spotify. Good life reminder too that we should cherish moments as they are - not just mindlessly slog through them.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
Love Bruno, but there is only one "Mr. Excitement".....Jackie Wilson Radio on Pandora....yes, OF here. Take your pick of vids.

georgytech

Georgia Tech Fan
Here is what I downloaded this week but I mostly listen to classic country lots of Tom T Hall, Bobby Bare, Johnny Cash, Marty Robbins,Jim Reeves, Roger Miller, bluegrass, cowboy songs,& gospel. here goes
Midnight Special- Merle Travis
Louisiana Moon- Gene Autry
Clementine- Bing Crosby
Blue Shadows On The Trail- Jimmy Wakely
Be Honest With Me- Sons of the Pioneers
Gay Ranchero- Sons of the Pioneers
Washboard Blues- Phil Harris
That's What I Like About the South- Phil Harris
Oh What A Face- Phil Harris
Lazy River (includes Basin Street Blues( =Phil Harris
The Hellbound Train -Don Edwards
I Am A Pilgrim -Don Edwards