What just happened?

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
For those of us who tuned out for the off-season this year and just came back to the forums, what just happened? :confused: Looks like we lost almost all of the 2013 class. :jawdrop:

What is the tl;dr from this offseason? Depth chart?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Gone - Ty Griffin, Anthony Autry, Travin Henry, Jimmie Kitchens, Morgan Bailey, Anthony Williams, Justin Akins, Kevin Robbins, Travis Custis, Jabari Hunt Days, Vad Lee, Darius Commissiong and Chase Roberts.

Roberts is on medical hardship.

Hunt-Days is suspended for a year due to academics and is now a walk on.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I'll probably get ripped for this but it may be time to look at the student athlete support system that is in place at Tech.

It may be time to overhaul. You don't get this many defections in one season for no reason something is or is not translating for the student.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I'll probably get ripped for this but it may be time to look at the student athlete support system that is in place at Tech.

It may be time to overhaul. You don't get this many defections in one season for no reason something is or is not translating for the student.

Honestly, constant turnover might be the issue in the AA. I actually looked into working in the AA for the football and was pretty much talked out of it

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

I think this definitely has something to do with it. However, it's tough nowadays. We were knuckleheads (to a degree) when we were younger, but kids nowadays are a different breed. Their motivations and things they'll tolerate are just appalling to me and I'm only in my mid-30's.

You should not be ripped, it is valid question. And yes, there is an overhaul needed. Who and what needs overhauling is a matter of wide ranging opinion.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Hunt-Days is suspended for a year due to academics and is now a walk on.

Pardon my ignorance, but does that mean he is a scout team player or is he available for Saturdays? Just realized I have no idea how that works.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Pardon my ignorance, but does that mean he is a scout team player or is he available for Saturdays? Just realized I have no idea how that works.

He is a scout team player..can't play in games.

70Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan

ding,ding,ding,ding- you said it much more graciously than I!

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
I've been checking in occasionally during the offseason. I don't really want to check again until the season opener - if we lose another dozen + players from now until then, I don't want to know until its game time.

Absolutely insane. We are going to have a ...streamlined...roster this year.

wuzjrbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Constant drama at Georgia Tech. One would think that we would learn from previous disasters, but NO. It is always, just wait until this or that, then we will turn the corner. LOL, it never happens! Been waiting for over 50 years, running out of years.