What is your current opinion of CPJ?

What describes your current opinion of CPJ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
Fwiw, it sounds to me like you just said, "I know things aren't black and white, but at the end of the day" it's black and white.

Also, everyone knows our recruiting and record. I'm glad you're beginning to follow Tech and hope your big sister enjoys being a Tech student.

don't get your panties in a bunch man.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
you guys kill me...
everyone has an opinion but when it comes to mine, I'm wrong....lol

good day gents, thanks for the chuckle.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Thanks man.
I don't mean to sound like jerk but in the short time I have been here it seems like a lot of excuse making for losing. Maybe I'm wrong or have on crimson glasses (pun intended). I think Tech could/should be better. I don't have the answer but I know other major programs wouldn't be satisfied with repeated 7-8 win seasons. just my .02.

No offense intended but your opinions make a lot more sense now. It does sound like crimson glasses. It's a completely different animal than a school like Alabama. I mean I've only been a fan for ~4 years. I missed 2008 & 2009 so I wouldn't call myself stuck in the past.

Excuses I've seen on here -
CPJ has had bad asst. coaches
He hasn't got buy in from players
He can't get 5 star recruits here b/c of academics.. etc etc etc..

Well here's what I'm talking about. Why are these excuses? Some are bogus yea but to outright dismiss the others simply as excuses is kind of ignorant.

I'm not saying any other HC got it done better but everyone throws around '09 but I think they fail to realize that wasn't his recruits.

In my opinion, this one is an excuse to dismiss CPJ's success. It's no better than the other way around.

judging from the poll above, 11 others feel the same way I do.

That's fine to feel that way but I would ask those people, including you, do you want CPJ to succeed?

I mean it sounds to me like like you're trying to project your Alabama fandom and expectations on to GT.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
So, the answer is no. It's just the way you talked, I thought it must be a regular occurrence.

lol..see what I mean.
Bama doesn't run the score up. they could have beat ND (in the NC btw) by 80,, they called the dogs off. not Saban's style...

You wanna throw Elon in there too? geez you guys are something else.

'09,'11,'12 NC's.. no matter what the scoreboard said.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
No offense intended but your opinions make a lot more sense now. It does sound like crimson glasses. It's a completely different animal than a school like Alabama. I mean I've only been a fan for ~4 years. I missed 2008 & 2009 so I wouldn't call myself stuck in the past.

Well here's what I'm talking about. Why are these excuses? Some are bogus yea but to outright dismiss the others simply as excuses is kind of ignorant.

In my opinion, this one is an excuse to dismiss CPJ's success. It's no better than the other way around.

That's fine to feel that way but I would ask those people, including you, do you want CPJ to succeed?

Would I like to see CPJ succeed?

Yea. but I don't think the TO will.
Completely different game now days.
DE are running 4.5 or faster. Everyone is bigger, stronger, faster. Tech can't compete playing smash mouth football.
Unless you wanna celebrate blowout wins vs. 4-4 teams then Tech fans have a coach for life.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
lol..see what I mean.
Bama doesn't run the score up. they could have beat ND (in the NC btw) by 80,, they called the dogs off. not Saban's style...

10311209_754505417913781_1836320837_n.jpg

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
lol..see what I mean.

The second team continued scoring. Why put kids in the game and then tell them not to play?

Squints

Helluva Engineer

Ok that's cool to feel that way. There's a few Tech fans who would rather see CPJ fail than Tech succeed. Just wanted to make sure you weren't one of those because they're not worth talking too.

DE are running 4.5 or faster. Everyone is bigger, stronger, faster. Tech can't compete playing smash mouth football.

Yea well I'm gonna disagree here on your thoughts on "smash mouth" football because I've seen other wise at the college and NFL level. What's your definition of smash mouth football? Somehow Alabama's offense doesn't count as smash mouth?

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Unless you wanna celebrate blowout wins vs. 4-4 teams then Tech fans have a coach for life.

lol..see what I mean.

Also, no offense dude, but you really sound like a stereotype. Why **** on another team's accomplishments while pumping your own chest as if the playing field is level? I mean we get it. Alabama's really good and you happen to be an Alabama fan. This is why people hate SEC fans. They're insufferable.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Also, no offense dude, but you really soucke a stereotype. Why **** on another team's accomplishments while pumping your own chest as if the playing field is level? I mean we get it. Alabama's really good and you happen to be an Alabama fan. This is why people hate SEC fans. They're insufferable.
From reading what ive read... Id say he doesnt understand the difference between Bama and GT. Personally I like the "excuse" about APR scores and graduating players being a diff. animal today than previous decades. GT cant recruit like they did back in the day. We cannot go head to head with the factories and expect to come out on top. So we go to CPJ to level the playing field some on offense. Which has worked for the most part. This is where the huge difference lies.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer

Only two DEs ran in the 4.5s at the combine... Clowney and Webster.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
The Nick Saban coached Alabama Crimson Tide did not run up the score 52-0 against the Arkansas Razorbacks in 2013. That is not his style.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Honest question. Can someone tell me how to use the ignore feature on this website?

...nevermind. Figured it out.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It is what it is:
jwt24g3p44q8dj06g.jpg

In the 50's we were the best and could recruit the best. No excuses, just facts. This isn't Lake Woebegone and half are below average.

As I concluded in http://gtswarm.com/community/thread...odds-of-getting-a-better-coach-than-cpj.2524/ , what will determine CPJs fate is excitement for the team.

Does anyone know the ticket sales this year versus previous years? That is the overall voting relative to this thread.