What is your current opinion of CPJ?

What describes your current opinion of CPJ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Are you celebrating blowing out Syracuse?? Really?

Doesn't mater if it went to 10x OT, its' an L..
I have never seen a fan base make so many excuses for losing. People say us Bama fans live in the past, good grief, 2009 is history boys.
You're a Bama fan? Why are you here?

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck

Thanks man.
I don't mean to sound like jerk but in the short time I have been here it seems like a lot of excuse making for losing. Maybe I'm wrong or have on crimson glasses (pun intended). I think Tech could/should be better. I don't have the answer but I know other major programs wouldn't be satisfied with repeated 7-8 win seasons. just my .02.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Thanks man.
I don't mean to sound like jerk but in the short time I have been here it seems like a lot of excuse making for losing. Maybe I'm wrong or have on crimson glasses (pun intended). I think Tech could/should be better. I don't have the answer but I know other major programs wouldn't be satisfied with repeated 7-8 win seasons. just my .02.

Nobody is satisfied or making excuses. People differ on identifying the problem and solution.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
Nobody is satisfied or making excuses. People differ on identifying the problem and solution.

You haven't seen some of these posts I have then.
Like I said, I am not trying to be difficult, just my observation.
It seems like people either love or hate the TO offense and that's fine, but my statement is spot that other major programs would not settle for 7-8 wins seasons. 47-32 since '08 and I have seen guys celebrating victories over mediocre schools. That's 6 years of mediocre football. Keep in mind he won in '09 with someone else's recruits but CPJ has his own recruits now and he still can't get it done.
That's horrible. IMO.

tugdog235

Georgia Tech Fan
It seems like people either love or hate the TO offense and that's fine, but my statement is spot that other major programs would not settle for 7-8 wins seasons. 47-32 since '08 and I have seen guys celebrating victories over mediocre schools. That's 6 years of mediocre football. Keep in mind he won in '09 with someone else's recruits but CPJ has his own recruits now and he still can't get it done.
That's horrible. IMO.

To be fair, Gailey wasn't getting it done with his recruits either. I think most people aren't happy with 7-8 win seasons. The question is whether the current coach/scheme can still get us beyond that.

I think what's left are people who've always hated the TO from the beginning and people who've liked it from the beginning. Not up to us to duke it out though.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
That's horrible. IMO.

OK, thanks for sharing.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Rock, I honestly can't tell if you are trolling or being serious?

Are you celebrating blowing out Syracuse?? Really?

I am not sure I was "celebrating" beating Syracuse. However, I did say that you can't just throw that data out in considering our offensive output last season and that our blow-out victory over them was in large part due to our offense. Also, I do in fact consider it is nice thing to beat a team that finished 4-4 in the ACC 56-0. If you can take no joy in that, I feel sorry for you.

Doesn't mater if it went to 10x OT, its' an L.. I have never seen a fan base make so many excuses for losing.

I don't understand your use of the word "excuse." People throw that around on message boards a lot, but I am not really sure what it means I guess. I agree with you that losing in double OT doesn't turn the loss in to a win. But when examining the assertion that "CPJ will never beat UGA again, even if he has 12 more tries," I do think it is relevant to note that we came within a hair of beating them just last year. Do you not think that data point is relevant to that question? The world is not black and white and I think there is generally room for shades of grey when having rational discussions. But, I guess to some living in a binary, "excuse"-based world, things like that just don't matter. "Losing 56-0 = losing in double OT. Both are losses and losses are for losers!"

Animal02

Banned

I am not sure I was "celebrating" beating Syracuse. However, I did say that you can't just throw that data out in considering our offensive output last season and that our blow-out victory over them was in large part due to our offense. Also, I do in fact consider it is nice thing to beat a team that finished 4-4 in the ACC 56-0. If you can take no joy in that, I feel sorry for you.

I don't understand your use of the word "excuse." People throw that around on message boards a lot, but I am not really sure what it means I guess. I agree with you that losing in double OT doesn't turn the loss in to a win. But when examining the assertion that "CPJ will never beat UGA again, even if he has 12 more tries," I do think it is relevant to note that we came within a hair of beating them just last year. Do you not think that data point is relevant to that question? The world is not black and white and I think there is generally room for shades of grey when having rational discussions. But, I guess to some living in a binary, "excuse"-based world, things like that just don't matter. "Losing 56-0 = losing in double OT. Both are losses and losses are for losers!"

Winning or losing in overtime is a crap shoot. So many variables come into play in a short series as opposed to grinding it out over the course of a game. I have never liked it nor seen the need for it (ecept now with the "playoff format"

Squints

Helluva Engineer
That's horrible. IMO.

What you say is mostly fair but in my opinion some are way too broad with the "excuses" and "embracing mediocrity" brush. It's a problem endemic to sports fans.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck

I'm serious.

You are celebrating beating a 4-4 team.. c'mon man.

Excuses I've seen on here -
CPJ has had bad asst. coaches
He hasn't got buy in from players
He can't get 5 star recruits here b/c of academics.. etc etc etc..

I know things aren't black & white but at the end of the day it comes down to W's & L's and that falls squarely of the shoulders of the HC.

I'm not saying any other HC got it done better but everyone throws around '09 but I think they fail to realize that wasn't his recruits.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'm serious.

You are celebrating beating a 4-4 team.. c'mon man.

Excuses I've seen on here -
CPJ has had bad asst. coaches
He hasn't got buy in from players
He can't get 5 star recruits here b/c of academics.. etc etc etc..

I know things aren't black & white but at the end of the day it comes down to W's & L's and that falls squarely of the shoulders of the HC.

I'm not saying any other HC got it done better but everyone throws around '09 but I think they fail to realize that wasn't his recruits.

Fwiw, it sounds to me like you just said, "I know things aren't black and white, but at the end of the day" it's black and white.

Also, everyone knows our recruiting and record. I'm glad you're beginning to follow Tech and hope your big sister enjoys being a Tech student.