What is this thing about Waffle House?

Cam

Helluva Engineer
If it continues, it might become a meme. It would be a fun little thing that could help exposure and recruiting. Geoff Collins and Waffle House will become synonymous. Any mention of one will inevitably come with the other on Reddit. Our defense will be called the Smothered and Covered Defense. Establishing a running humorous connection to a beloved brand that is uniquely southern and co-founded by a GT alumn would actually be a clever way to improve our image. I doubt this is Collins' intent, but if he is actually trying to force a meme to appeal to teenagers then he is REALLY thinking out of the box. I like it.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
ATL got ahold of it
469402BF-CFA4-4B0E-8BB4-148DD5510CB3.jpeg

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
If it continues, it might become a meme. It would be a fun little thing that could help exposure and recruiting. Geoff Collins and Waffle House will become synonymous. Any mention of one will inevitably come with the other on Reddit. Our defense will be called the Smothered and Covered Defense. Establishing a running humorous connection to a beloved brand that is uniquely southern and co-founded by a GT alumn would actually be a clever way to improve our image. I doubt this is Collins' intent, but if he is actually trying to force a meme to appeal to teenagers then he is REALLY thinking out of the box. I like it.

Hmmmm. That makes sense to me, I think.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
6912.jpeg
I love the hash browns - crisp around the edges.
I see nothing wrong w coach and gt football associating w Waffle house.

Maybe a recruit has a relative who once worked at WH. 74 s mother worked at - WALMART

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Please educate me.

I think it's all about connecting to ATL and the southeast in general with something that could easily go viral. Viral videos and snaps and instas and tweets get to the eyes of kids. And yes, kids like Waffle House. We live 1.5mi from our local HS (where Jonathan Dwyer went) and there's a Waffle House right between us and my kids love it and any time I'm there we're seeing HS kids in it (and it happens that the guy who is the manager is a really good dude!).

But really it's about making connections with viral marketing. Does it help GT get money from Waffle House? Probably not. But it's funny and makes people smile and connects Geoff to Atlanta and the southeast and to what a lot of kids know. And if you get popular with other folks who like Waffle House then who knows what could happen. It's basically free marketing and free connection and if we get even a tiny benefit from it then that's winning.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I think it's all about connecting to ATL and the southeast in general with something that could easily go viral. Viral videos and snaps and instas and tweets get to the eyes of kids. And yes, kids like Waffle House. We live 1.5mi from our local HS (where Jonathan Dwyer went) and there's a Waffle House right between us and my kids love it and any time I'm there we're seeing HS kids in it (and it happens that the guy who is the manager is a really good dude!).

But really it's about making connections with viral marketing. Does it help GT get money from Waffle House? Probably not. But it's funny and makes people smile and connects Geoff to Atlanta and the southeast and to what a lot of kids know. And if you get popular with other folks who like Waffle House then who knows what could happen. It's basically free marketing and free connection and if we get even a tiny benefit from it then that's winning.

Now I see! Makes sense to me!

Best answers to all of my questions. Thanks

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Now I see! Makes sense to me!

Best answers to all of my questions. Thanks

Glad to be of service, my friend.

In general this is the kind of thing that Geoff is just naturally good at. He jumped on social media really early from a GT perspective way back when he was here before. He has a knack for promotion that connects to how kids consume content these days. The great thing is it's free promotion.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
After reading jojatk’s answers, I called up one of my daughters who is currently a teacher at a local high school in my area. She says Waffle House is very popular with the high school kids at her school, and it’s the place for them to gather.

She also says that other teachers at other high schools in the county report the same thing!