What is this thing about Waffle House?

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
Wasn't the first location in Statesboro? Always thought Zaxby's had the GSU ties
You are correct about the first location being in Statesboro, but this is on their Wiki page:
Zaxby's chicken and Zax Sauce is based on another smaller chicken finger chain called Guthrie's that existed in Athens, Georgia while Zach McLeroy attended the University of Georgia. The first Zaxby's was established in Statesboro, Georgia, near the Georgia Southern University campus, by childhood friends Zach McLeroy and Tony Townley.
Zaxby's - Wikipedia

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Chick-Fil-A up next!

John Diamond is the tall, bald guy in the middle. Owner/Operator of both the Howell Mill and Northside Dr stores (rare for Chick-fil-a to allow multiple stores). Great guy and GT fan. He also operates the concession in the West stands and at McCamish.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
John Diamond is the tall, bald guy in the middle. Owner/Operator of both the Howell Mill and Northside Dr stores (rare for Chick-fil-a to allow multiple stores). Great guy and GT fan. He also operates the concession in the West stands and at McCamish.

Basically, every CFA owner/operator I know is a "great guy". CFA would not have it any other way. That is why I would LOVE for GT to be associated with them. Class organization all around.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Let's get Chic-fil-A on board as well! Their corporate headquarters is in Atlanta so let's lockdown the #404 Chicken!
I think we should all start writing GO JACKETS! #CGC or something consistently GT related on the bottom of the WH receipts so they can start to take notice of GT fans frequently visiting their establishments!

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I am going to be sorely disappointed if Waffle House isn't out at Callaway Plaza selling breakfast for our first noon game this fall.