What is the best single-game performance you've seen out of a Tech player?

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
I have no single performance because there were so many great ones to beat Georgia U. But another memorable one was Jimmy Robinson in the 29-28 win over North Carolina in 1974. I don't recall him ever dropping a pass in his career. The exact details are a little fuzzy, but Carolina scored a TD with about a minute or less left in the game. Randy Rhino ran the kickoff back to about midfield. A pass to Robinson left, a pass to Robinson right and we were down at goal line. We had a back that was ALWAYS good for one yard and he scored the TD. Then a pass to Robinson for 2 points and the win.

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
On offense- Joe Hamilton (1999) at Doak Campbell vs FSU. Ralph really had us moving. Joe was 25-28 ( including an 80 yard bomb to Dez White on our first offensive play) against a star studded FSU defense. (Joe Burns, Dez White and Kelly Campbell all were accomplices). It was a Saturday night ESPN game which also featured FSU OC Mark Richt, Heisman Trophy winner Chris Weinke and Peter Warrick. We lost a track meet 41-35. On defense, Ted Roof verses Tennessee in Knoxville 1985. This was the Black Watch defense coached by Don Lindsay featuring Pat Swilling. Roof was everywhere. He set a GT record for 22 tackles that night. The game was a defensive struggle and unfortunately ended in a 6-6 tie when Tenn kicker Carlos Revitz kicked a 51 yard FG on the last play of the game.

Reference Ted Roof, I would add the UGA game in 85. Georgia's running game was really moving late in the game. Ted came into the game with a badly
sprained ankle and really help shut them down deep in Tech Territory.

Dress2Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Reference Ted Roof, I would add the UGA game in 85. Georgia's running game was really moving late in the game. Ted came into the game with a badly
sprained ankle and really help shut them down deep in Tech Territory.
Roof came in and out of that game multiple times. When he was out, Georgia ran at will. When he was in, we were the Steel Curtain.

Jolly Good Fellow
I have no single performance because there were so many great ones to beat Georgia U. But another memorable one was Jimmy Robinson in the 29-28 win over North Carolina in 1974. I don't recall him ever dropping a pass in his career. The exact details are a little fuzzy, but Carolina scored a TD with about a minute or less left in the game. Randy Rhino ran the kickoff back to about midfield. A pass to Robinson left, a pass to Robinson right and we were down at goal line. We had a back that was ALWAYS good for one yard and he scored the TD. Then a pass to Robinson for 2 points and the win.
Not saying this was among greatest of all-times, but in '74 game vs UNC, DANNY Rhino had 21 individual tackles...from free safety...at 5'9" 165 lbs..mostly against TE to whom UNC dumped the ball across the middle every other play (well, that is what it seemed like..LOL)

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Justin Thomas 2016 against Duke is up there
264 passing yards. 71% completion. 2 passing touchdowns. 195 yards rushing with 2 rushing touchdowns. And this was in a game where we only ran a total of 63 plays. 14 passes and 17 carries for JT.

Tevin Washington’s 2011 performance against Clemson will always be one of better in person memories. 176 yards rushing against a dl who almost all went pro.