What is the best single-game performance you've seen out of a Tech player?

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Mine is Justin Thomas vs Duke in 2016.
He had 264 PASSING yards and 2 passing TDs, which for an option QB is unheard of. He also had 195 rushing yards and 2 rushing TDs. The drive that won the game was bananas and is something I'll never forget.
I watched this game in person with my wife GTRamblerLady from the 45-yard line in the Upper East Stands!

Without question, out of the many, many games I attended supporting Georgia Tech at Grant Field — since the early 1960s — this game against Duke stands out as the finest single-game performance by an individual player I have ever witnessed.

459 yards of total offense, 4 touchdowns! Justin Thomas was truly a great, great quarterback.

Video highlights:

Last edited:

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I watched this game in person with my wife GTRamblerLady from the 45-yard line in the Upper East Stands!

Without question, out of the many, many games I attended supporting Georgia Tech at Grant Field — since the early 1960s — this game against Duke stands out as the finest single-game performance by an individual player I have ever witnessed.

459 yards of total offense, 4 touchdowns! Justin Thomas was truly a great, great quarterback.

Video highlights:

Wow, I forgot those stats.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck

Video highlights:

Great performance, but hard for me to tab big numbers against a bad Duke team as the best I’ve seen.

GTL

Jolly Good Fellow
Sean Jones leading the comeback over NCS to stay undefeated in the NC run.

Joe Ham going 28 for 31 against FSU in a losing effort.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Agree with Joe Ham away vs FSU in '99, Roof vs Tenn, JT vs Duke, MJ vs Maryland.
Calvin away vs Miami '05, multiple ridiculous catches in a big upset win ... Miami was No 3.
Gerris Wilkerson at MLB vs Ugag in a heartbreaking home loss to the eventual SEC champs.
Freddie Smith vs UNC at home ... TD's running, catching, and returning in a win.
Smith and Fox away vs FSU '03 I believe in a heartbreaking loss ... they dominated the best RB in college football.
Shaq Mason vs Ugag '14.
Jemea vs FSU in ACCCG in a close loss.
Bay Bay vs Duke '08, MsSt '09.
Godhigh had some big games, but I can't remember one in detail.
Godsey vs Clemson '00.
Kelly Campbell vs Clemson '00.
Godsey vs Ugag '00.
Dantzler vs us '01. :(
CJ Spiller vs us in ACCCG (we still won).