What is the best Georgia Tech team that didn’t beat Georgia?

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Im in full Football mode so I’ve been watching so many old games from the early 2000s that I missed and a lot of the UGA games that I haven’t seen because I was so young. We had a lot of great teams that couldn’t beat them, I was wondering which team you guys think is the best that couldn’t beat UGA. Mine is still the 2009 team, but was curious to see if there were any better teams that I missed.
Also just watched that 2006 game for the first time, Brutal.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Remember when the mutts had Mohammad Massequouioiuoi, Stafford, Knowshon Moreno, and Greene?
That was the best mutt team that didn't beat us.

Oh, they had WAY more NFL players than that. Their defense was pretty loaded as well.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It wasn't our best team, but the 2015 game was frustating as heck. We just could not move the ball, and our defense actually played well. If it had been the 2014 or 2016 team, we run UGA out of the stadium. Instead, we lose 13-7. The game was just a microcosm of the entire year.

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
Im in full Football mode so I’ve been watching so many old games from the early 2000s that I missed and a lot of the UGA games that I haven’t seen because I was so young. We had a lot of great teams that couldn’t beat them, I was wondering which team you guys think is the best that couldn’t beat UGA. Mine is still the 2009 team, but was curious to see if there were any better teams that I missed.

Without a doubt, 1966. Went in undefeated on a roll. Lost to that SOB Dooley.

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
Hands down 1978 Dooley had em to hurt ELI it still hurts . ugag is a bunch of SOBs .

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
2009 and 2006. In 2009 we were clearly better than them, but they outplayed us on that day. That is the single most disappointing game in my 21 years as a Tech fan. The last 3 games of 2006 made it the most disappointing season, although 2010 and 2015 were pretty disappointing too.