What if Qua landed 1 yard short?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
4th and 1, game on the line, what's the call?

I haven't been able to erase this hypothetical from my brain, particularly given the 4th and 1 situations we encountered this year. This one would have taken the cake for drama.

1) What does CPJ call? What personel / do you think he'd put in MJ here?
2) What would you call? (of course your call works 100% of the time)

What do you think?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I honestly thought CPJ got too cute with the AB throwback to JeT...then Qua was heady and made a great play so I forgave CPJ. :)
I was seriously like...WTF, I've seen this one too many times. Qua is going to force the throw, UGA intercepts. Ballgame. Instead we got The Leap, and defense closed it out.

Going back to the OP, I probably go with a speed option with JeT and Dedrick Mills. Line up JJ Green to the playside to block. If JeT can't beat his man, Dedrick has shown the ability to break tackles, and he probably destroys a DB at the goaline to take it in.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Also meant to add, can you imagine what's running through your mind and emotions prior? I would have been replaying our 4th and 1's this year. Good chance my heart stops at the snap.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Idk if we have ever done this, but we could have gone to our formation where we bunched our WR's in and had everyone block down to make it seem like we were giving it to the b back for a dive and we could have faked it and just let JT roll out for the TD they would have stacked the box and with a good fake everyone would have crashed in, and even if they didn't crash if our WR's blocked just enough JT would have probably beat anyone to the edge.