What I have been telling you people is TRUE!!!

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
I have stated several times in the past that CGC has been using the past 2 seasons as practice! Tech has so many really good FR. and SOPHS that are getting good playing time! And at every position! I have over 50 years never ever seen this much young good talent! And a good many are really good, and several are unbelievable good!!! I also really like CDP on the sideline! Believe me this will take hold in time!! It is a little too early to get that right, but it will come sometime between now and 2 years! I'm thinking next year with good progress through this year's practice games!!!

I have stated several times in the past that CGC has been using the past 2 seasons as practice! Tech has so many really good FR. and SOPHS that are getting good playing time! And at every position! I have over 50 years never ever seen this much young good talent! And a good many are really good, and several are unbelievable good!!! I also really like Pnut on the sideline! Believe me this will take hold in time!! It is a little too early to get that right, but it will come sometime between now and 2 years! I'm thinking next year with good progress through this year's practice games!!!
I wasn't aware until someone else mentioned it earlier that CDP was on the sideline. I agree that's where he ought to be all the time. That, though not without a few boneheaded calls, was by far the best offensive game he has called IMO.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
I wasn't aware until someone else mentioned it earlier that P'nut (NO LONGER A DEROGATORY NAME) was on the sideline. I agree that's where he ought to be all the time. That, though not without a few boneheaded calls, was by far the best offensive game he has called IMO.
I saw him on the sideline and he was really into what was going on! This was just a few times on TV!

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
I wasn't aware until someone else mentioned it earlier that P'nut (NO LONGER A DEROGATORY NAME) was on the sideline. I agree that's where he ought to be all the time. That, though not without a few boneheaded calls, was by far the best offensive game he has called IMO.
I absolutely loved seeing him on the sidelines and I think it greatly helped Sims. Kudos to Coach Patenaude for trying out being on the sidelines, I hope he chooses to stay that way because I think it helped a lot, him being able to talk to Sims after plays and explain stuff will only benefit Sims in the long run and in games.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I saw him on the sideline and he was really into what was going on! This was just a few times on TV!
IIRC another pretty good OC at GT (Ralph Friedgen) years back came down to the sideline to coach his young QB (Joe Hamilton) and that worked out pretty well so I was also happy to see CDP on the sideline. Ralph said that it helped being able to talk with Joe face to face about what was going on both on the field and in Joe's head and I imagine that's the same thought process for CDP making the move (generally being able to connect closer to the players, not only Sims, and what's happening).

I notice the mods for some reason still don't like the nickname many of us use for our OC and edited it out of my and @jayparr 's posts. As I stated parenthetically, it is no longer a derogatory nickname, and the mods need to wake up and understand that just because some of them don't like something doesn't mean it's a bad thing.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I have stated several times in the past that CGC has been using the past 2 seasons as practice! Tech has so many really good FR. and SOPHS that are getting good playing time! And at every position! I have over 50 years never ever seen this much young good talent! And a good many are really good, and several are unbelievable good!!! I also really like CDP on the sideline! Believe me this will take hold in time!! It is a little too early to get that right, but it will come sometime between now and 2 years! I'm thinking next year with good progress through this year's practice games!!!
I applaud your bravery this blustery Tuesday morning. Be prepared to get bashed and ridiculed. I got ya back tho because I believe it and can see the change happening. All you Boomers need to get with the times!! ;)

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Would not surprise me if that move was a suggestion or reminder to CGC from GOL or Ralph. I'[m glad our boards have quieted down about our OC, players can make a difference. I don't want to make judgement on our DC until he has players that fit what they want to do and that may take until season '22 before we begin to see, possibly sometime next year.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Would not surprise me if that move was a suggestion or reminder to CGC from GOL or Ralph. I'[m glad our boards have quieted down about our OC, players can make a difference. I don't want to make judgement on our DC until he has players that fit what they want to do and that may take until season '22 before we begin to see, possibly sometime next year.
Good reply

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
The offense still isn't very good. We have a ways to go. The Louisville game and the 4th quarter of the Duke game show promise though. The defense is fairly inexcusable at this point. Collins needs to get more involved.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I agree it was a great move for Coach Patenaude to get on the sidelines so he could coach his quarterback Jeff Sims face-to-face during the entire game against Duke. And it was a super nice win!

In reality, though, that was a game between two bad teams. It turned out that Duke was the badder team. LOL

Let’s see how it goes against N.C. State this Saturday. Hopefully the “Patenaude sideline magic” will continue!

alagold

Helluva Engineer
It is not the evolution of the players that bothers me, it is coaching decisions maybe made even before the game --ex-there is almost no excuse for all the blocked kicks , the whole citadel game,the "punt" from the 29, the performance up at syr, and last week putting a true Fr with zero exp back at goalline to "catch" punts.-just to name a few off the top of head..
I know coaches have to learn also but this is not high school ,it is HIGH level college fball.They are paid HUGE amounts not to make those mistakes.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I love the fact that CDP coached from the field hope he will keep doing it , it;s my understanding that he is also the QB coach and being with Sims on the field will help Sims and CDP.

I can understand why some would call last year and this year a practice , it's just not something I like to here. I like to think as year 1 ( last year) a year to find out which players can play in the system that the coaches are looking for and play as many kids as you can in year one to see which ones can cut it in your system. Then year 2 ( this year) find your 2 deep and some who could move up to the 2 deep and get them as much playing time as you can. ( which I think CGC has done this year) What does worry me about this year with the virus fact is it's not a normal year Spring practice cut short and not really knowing if you are going to play this week or not. I really don't like to say I don't care if we win or lose a game this year cause I want to win all the time. I just hope the coaches find out the best 2 deep and where we still need help.

I hope this coming year we get our spring practice in ( all of it this time) and the season will be back to normal , What I think is next year would be about like the 1989 season after 2 not so good years , maybe a slow start and get better as the season goes.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I love the fact that CDP coached from the field hope he will keep doing it , it;s my understanding that he is also the QB coach and being with Sims on the field will help Sims and CDP.

I can understand why some would call last year and this year a practice , it's just not something I like to here. I like to think as year 1 ( last year) a year to find out which players can play in the system that the coaches are looking for and play as many kids as you can in year one to see which ones can cut it in your system. Then year 2 ( this year) find your 2 deep and some who could move up to the 2 deep and get them as much playing time as you can. ( which I think CGC has done this year) What does worry me about this year with the virus fact is it's not a normal year Spring practice cut short and not really knowing if you are going to play this week or not. I really don't like to say I don't care if we win or lose a game this year cause I want to win all the time. I just hope the coaches find out the best 2 deep and where we still need help.

I hope this coming year we get our spring practice in ( all of it this time) and the season will be back to normal , What I think is next year would be about like the 1989 season after 2 not so good years , maybe a slow start and get better as the season goes.
👍
I just have three questions for you:

1. Who are you, really?
2. What have you done with the real stech81, and how did you get access to his GTSwarm account?
3. Did you at least leave him with an adequate supply of beer, in whatever cave you’ve imprisoned him?