What happens with recruiting and coaching now?

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Someone needs to keep your reckless optimism in check. Plus, it’s satisfying to be correct year after year after year.

After year
we are literally one year removed from winning the ACC championship.

another dumb post. after dumb post.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
And we turned that title (which we rcvd some fortunate luck) into….zero recruits and chasing low major transfers. You can be blind, I’d rather be correct.
Go be correct somewhere else. You've just made my "ignore" list. There's no room for someone like you in my fandom. You might consider it realism, but I just consider it sour grapes.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
And we turned that title (which we rcvd some fortunate luck) into….zero recruits and chasing low major transfers. You can be blind, I’d rather be correct.
What have you ever been correct about? You were dogging GT players by name (including our eventual ACC POY) before you left, dogging that team that ended up winning the ACC, and now you come back and literally say we are bad "year after year" one year after the title, and go on to attribute our title to luck. Lol. Ok whatever.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
I
I don't know you personally, but based on your posts you come across to me as a highly biased peron with a real axe to grind against this coach and a possessor of a seriously wretched attitude as a follower of a sports team. Being a GT fan is hard enough. You lesson my enjoyment of following GT basketball and of commiserating with fellow GT basketball fans on this board. Just FYI.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I

I don't know you personally, but based on your posts you come across to me as a highly biased peron with a real axe to grind against this coach and a possessor of a seriously wretched attitude as a follower of a sports team. Being a GT fan is hard enough. You lesson my enjoyment of following GT basketball and of commiserating with fellow GT basketball fans on this board. Just FYI.
This sums it up about as well as one possibly could. I don’t understand all the angst and don’t really care to anymore. Why come here to just talk ****?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Go be correct somewhere else. You've just made my "ignore" list. There's no room for someone like you in my fandom. You might consider it realism, but I just consider it sour grapes.

Just truth. I’ll be correct here, there and everywhere. In two years when this board is littered with people calling for Josh Pastner to be fired because the GA coaches still despise him you remember who was correct

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I

It isn’t sour grapes, it’s basketball knowledge which our fan base is incredibly well versed in. Zero people wanted Josh Pastner here when Gregory was let go. The reasons then are the reasons now. He’s not a good coach. The original staff was incredible but I am not sold on Wilkins or Swartz (outside of recruiting) and now we have lost arguably the best big man coach in the country.

Everyone wants to point to an ACC title like
There wasn’t any kind of Covid participation. Devoe and Usher leaving this season with zero incoming talent not being a concern for anyone is ridiculous. Miles and Deebo are obviously talented but to just write an open check for a strike out and then not landing high impact transfers is simply a failure. Making excuses for that failure is pure blindness. We have yet to lock down GA. Are you kidding? Five years later? You’re GT!!! Lock it down!!!

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Sorry, Lance, that your thread got ruined. Can't wait for you to get here.

Peacone, wow, just give it a break can ya. There's still almost 1,000 players in the portal including 1/2 of the top 100 or so still haven't signed anywhere yet. Maybe we get some additional players, maybe not. But, man unless you have an option out ready to take over or you can recruit/coach better, how about reducing the negative waves a bit.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Watching Jose Alvarado in the playoffs tells you two things if you have eyes to see. (1) Last year’s ACC title was no fluke. (2) One player can make a big difference with a team.

Hope Terry can be a catalyst for next year’s team and feeling good about his addition.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Here is a great question for anyone complaining about the program. What coach and staff is GT hiring in their current state that will turn the program around? I’m all ears for this magical return to the 90s but I don’t see it in the cards.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
Here is a great question for anyone complaining about the program. What coach and staff is GT hiring in their current state that will turn the program around? I’m all ears for this magical return to the 90s but I don’t see it in the cards.
Jonas Hayes

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, Lance, that your thread got ruined. Can't wait for you to get here.

Peacone, wow, just give it a break can ya. There's still almost 1,000 players in the portal including 1/2 of the top 100 or so still haven't signed anywhere yet. Maybe we get some additional players, maybe not. But, man unless you have an option out ready to take over or you can recruit/coach better, how about reducing the negative waves a bit.
Expect less until we get lucky. But these over here are just bragging about how we won the ACC. Shouldn’t that result in some kind of success? Cmon….