What group or position would you want to stand out?

acedarney

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm surprised at these responses. It's like everyone is assuming that the OL is either elite or terrible (while assuming that the QB will be decent by default). Assuming all position groups are decent with one elite, I have to pick QB. He handles the ball and runs the offense. He can also make something happen if the players around him screw up. Also, when the game is on the line and a big play needs to be made, the OL just needs to not screw up while the QB has to make something special happen.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I'm surprised at these responses. It's like everyone is assuming that the OL is either elite or terrible (while assuming that the QB will be decent by default). Assuming all position groups are decent with one elite, I have to pick QB. He handles the ball and runs the offense. He can also make something happen if the players around him screw up. Also, when the game is on the line and a big play needs to be made, the OL just needs to not screw up while the QB has to make something special happen.
Nice first post. Welcome aboard!

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
These kinds of things are so hard to decide. Personally, I think in an offense like ours, if your QB has trouble making reads or decisions, or he is sloppy with the ball, or can't hit the broad side of a barn with a throw, then it truly won't matter if your OL is great or not. A dominant OL may be great if you pull your splits in and hand the ball off in a conventional sense. I will give you that. Our OLs are split wide and we leave players unblocked by design. You could hand pick for me the 5 best OLs in the country and then split them out wide. They are not going to stop a defense stacking the LOS and sending 7 while jumping snap counts. It is the QB who is going to make the defense pay with good pre-snap decisions, quick reads, and accurate throws. I would love to have both though (elite QB and OL). How about that?!