What does Michael Cunningham have against

reckrider

Jolly Good Fellow
Penny Hardaway is really winning games over at Memphis. It takes alot more than recruiting to be a good college HC. Jack doesn't have the credentials.
Penny and Memphis are a train wreck in waiting. I’d much rather have our situation rather than theirs. We are having a bad year as many expected but I have much more faith in the direction of our basketball team than Memphis. I really liked the look of our alt 5 tonight with Saba, Kelly, Smith, Coleman and Maxwell. Anyone not see promise there?

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
He's very available lmao
There has to be a happy medium between all recruit and no coaching and no recruiting and all coaching though.
Penny and Memphis are a train wreck in waiting. I’d much rather have our situation rather than theirs. We are having a bad year as many expected but I have much more faith in the direction of our basketball team than Memphis. I really liked the look of our alt 5 tonight with Saba, Kelly, Smith, Coleman and Maxwell. Anyone not see promise there?
those guys were not good tonight. More turnovers than baskets made. Coleman and Maxwell were 3-16 combined shooting. Coleman is 11 for his last 42 from the field. Need to get him going ASAP.

daddee724

Georgia Tech Fan
There has to be a happy medium between all recruit and no coaching and no recruiting and all coaching though.

those guys were not good tonight. More turnovers than baskets made. Coleman and Maxwell were 3-16 combined shooting. Coleman is 11 for his last 42 from the field. Need to get him going ASAP.
Actually that group began the run and kept the score close enough in the 1st half when the starting group “were not good” that was reason for the 5 in 5 out substitution. Honestly the ball moves better when they are playing together because they are not looking for or deferring to other ball stoppers (unwilling passers) hence the fast break pass from Smith to Saba for the dunk. That was a 1st this season and he played more confident on offense yes his defense/well protector status isn’t quite established yet, but when he is in the game I wouldn’t play a defense that requires him to leave the paint area make him a rim protector deter every shot that is your job. CJP is smart enough to figure that out that Saba can’t guard anything on perimeter so start using his size as a strength, defensively he may not block every shot, but at 7’1 he can alter a lot of them.

Miami drugged UNC the other night they spread the floor they got Bacot & Manek away from basket, which brings me back to my other posts about the offense we have guys that can score around the perimeter, why are we putting them all in at the same time, but the offense still is looking for back door cuts instead of passing around the perimeter, ball screens, skip passes, flares, situational triangle, 2 man game, floppy action and some horns or flex (😂). There is a reason why most teams play us man-man versus zone.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Call it what you want, but the fact is we're coming off back-to-back Top 5 finishes in the conference. By anyone's measure, that is a first in 30 years!

Make no mistake, we definitely still have work to do as a program, but we have a good core of young talent.

Add a transfer or two - which has been our plan all along - and we are in a position to keep building.

Bottom line, this was a ****ty take meant to cater to the frustration of the GT fan base. He got his clicks.

Another reason for me to say **** the AJC!
**** I know man. We lose two all ACC players who basically played every minute and everyone just expected two other guys to step in and look great. Even if we’d signed key talent at those positions I doubt our record would look much different right now with a COVID pause and injuries - maybe a couple more wins.

And those of you saying we are old aren’t paying much attention. We are young and/or inexperienced at three of the five spots in the floor.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
**** I know man. We lose two all ACC players who basically played every minute and everyone just expected two other guys to step in and look great. Even if we’d signed key talent at those positions I doubt our record would look much different right now with a COVID pause and injuries - maybe a couple more wins.

And those of you saying we are old aren’t paying much attention. We are young and/or inexperienced at three of the five spots in the floor.
World class excuse making. We knew Jose and Moses were going to be here 4 years, no more than that. Pastner’s consistent recruiting failures left the team devoid of players to even be a .500 ACC team.

The “we are young” is an excuse based on the coaches failure. Of course we start 3 seniors and two 3rd year players. Giving any excuse that they are young or inexperienced is just BS.

Of course the same excuse will be used next year after Devoe, Usher and Moore move on.

Signed zero HS players this year, seriously. Total coaching failure.

Glad last year we won a truncated ACC Tournament and made it to the first round of the NCAAT as a 9 seed.

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
World class excuse making. We knew Jose and Moses were going to be here 4 years, no more than that. Pastner’s consistent recruiting failures left the team devoid of players to even be a .500 ACC team.

The “we are young” is an excuse based on the coaches failure. Of course we start 3 seniors and two 3rd year players. Giving any excuse that they are young or inexperienced is just BS.

Of course the same excuse will be used next year after Devoe, Usher and Moore move on.

Signed zero HS players this year, seriously. Total coaching failure.

Glad last year we won a truncated ACC Tournament and made it to the first round of the NCAAT as a 9 seed.
It’s been 6 years and I think it’s fair to say that Pastner is just not a great recruiter. He is a very positive person but he is not able to get the recruits necessary to be competitive Year in and year out. Maybe once every 3-4 years but I feeling like Tech fans should get more than that.

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
And you’ve been living under a rock for the last five years. It’s not real difficult to see the GT hoops is in a much better spot than it has been over the last 12-15 years. If you don’t see it, you ain’t trying too.

Not to mention, half y’all bitching and crying haven’t been to a game or donated a ****ing penny to help improve our program in any way.

Go kick rocks!
It’s a fair article.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Stick with the coach that went from projected winless in conference play to a double bye in the ACCT and a ACCT Championship in 5 years and see if this step back, which wasn't exactly unexpected several years in advance, is followed by a two steps forward type of situation.
See ND the last couple of years & their struggles. They really stepped back & finally have taken a couple steps forward thus year.

Tech has a lot of young guys on this team, several players that didn't play a lot of min last year, & that had never played together before. Takes time. With injuries, COVID, & some bad luck, missed out on having that necessary time for learning to play together & quite a few losses. Also, we've been very competitive in the majority of games.. Think they will continue to improve & win more games in the back half of the season.

Steverc

Jolly Good Fellow
See ND the last couple of years & their struggles. They really stepped back & finally have taken a couple steps forward thus year.

Tech has a lot of young guys on this team, several players that didn't play a lot of min last year, & that had never played together before. Takes time. With injuries, COVID, & some bad luck, missed out on having that necessary time for learning to play together & quite a few losses. Also, we've been very competitive in the majority of games.. Think they will continue to improve & win more games in the back half of the season.
Every college team has young players, COVID, and injuries. Every team loses key players to graduation or transfer. Not every college team is in last place in its league.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
A decent win streak could move us into the top five of the conference.

But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. The proper attitude now is to take each game one at a time, expect to be competitive, and enjoy each game.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Every college team has young players, COVID, and injuries. Every team loses key players to graduation or transfer. Not every college team is in last place in its league.
LOL. Tell me your miserable without telling me your miserable.

You and CLM should get together and start watching games together!

Ya'll can put your heads together and help figure out the answer.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

How many teams lost two players that were separately conference player of the year and defensive player of the year off a team with effectively a 7 man rotation, then the next year had both a flu outbreak and a covid in the out of conference delaying development of the replacement pieces? On top of that we've played 8 conference games, 6 of those have come against teams currently in the top half of the conference.

Yes we could have done better, and Pastner has mad some mistakes but the posters that were silent when we were winning last year and are now speaking up just so they can take shots should just remain silent.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Yes, it is correct that not every team is in last place.Thankfully, GT is not one of those llast place teams. We are half a game out of 9th place and I feel good that we will play better inthe 2nd half of the season. Be patient and enjoy seeing the kids play basketball with all the energy and passion they have.

Steverc

Jolly Good Fellow
Yes, it is correct that not every team is in last place.Thankfully, GT is not one of those llast place teams. We are half a game out of 9th place and I feel good that we will play better inthe 2nd half of the season. Be patient and enjoy seeing the kids play basketball with all the energy and passion they have.
Yes. Thank goodness we are now second to last.

gtbync

Jolly Good Fellow
look like 14th place to me, but I guess if you want to make it sound better, you will say a half a game out of 9th place.

https://www.google.com/search?q=acc...ie=lg;/g/11q1vpmh13;3;/g/11ckvf54fz;st;fp;1;;