1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

What Do Y'all Think Will Happen When The GOP Keeps Control Of Congress After The November Elections?

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by MikeJackets1967, Jun 8, 2018.

1. MikeJackets1967

MikeJackets1967 Helluva Engineer

What do y'all think will or could possibly occur as a result of the Republicans keeping control of the US House of Representatives and The Senate after the November Elections? Here are things that i think will happen after the upcoming GOP victory in November.

1)Just like in 2016 certain radical groups will begin rioting in the major cities in the days following the November Elections saying there is an unjust electoral system.
    2)The leaders of the Democratic Party like Nancy Pelosi,Steny Hoyer,James Clyburn and possibly Chuck Schumer will have to fall on their swords and lose their positions in the House and Senate after being blamed for the Election Defeat. I think Tom Perez would also be kicked out as head of the Democratic Party.
    3)Talk of Impeaching President Trump will be over for good
    4)President Trump will push back and move to end the "Russian Collusion" investigation and fire Special Investigator Robert Mueller
    5)I think Mitch McConnell will decide to retire since it looks like President Trump will be around and probably win the 2020 Presidential Election
    6)The Networks and MSNBC will for the next year after the Election debate why the Democrats lost the November 2018 Elections and will come to the wrong conclusions probably saying that gerrymandering caused the defeat of the Democratic Party and that the people who voted for the Republicans are racist and stupid(like November-December 2016 on steroids)
    7)I think the G7 trading partners will be more open to negotiating on President Trump's terms because he looks to be around until January 2025.
    8)California will hyperventilate and move for secession from the US once again
    9)President Trump will nominate two more Conservative Supreme Court Justices after Ruth Bader Ginsburg's and Anthony Kennedy's retirements. Making the US Supreme Court Conservative for the next Generation.

Here's an interesting article on possibilities if the Republicans win the November Elections

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...blicans-keep-control-of-the-house-and-senate/

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    GT_05 likes this.
  2. MikeJackets1967

I think that in early-mid 2019 that VP Mike Pence will decide to run for the GOP Nomination in 2020 shocking a lot of people. Mike Pence leans closer i think to the RINO Never Trumpers than to President Trump in my opinion. I think President Trump would replace him as VP by Representative Steve Scalise of Louisiana or Jim Jordan Representative from Ohio. Conservatives i believe would love either one of these picks for Vice President.

3. collegeballfan

collegeballfan Helluva Engineer

Same thing that has happened the last 14 plus months.

4. jacketup

jacketup Helluva Engineer

1. I believe the Constitution will continue to be compromised/ignored.
    2. I believe that our freedoms will continue to be reduced.
    3. I believe that politicians will have campaigned on one set of principles and then vote according to how they are influenced by campaign donors.
    4. I believe that the entrepreneurial free enterprise system that made this country great will be further compromised by the legislative and judicial branches that are under the influence of giant corporations or the media.
    5. See No. 1. It's worth repeating.

ATL1 and GTNavyNuke like this.
  5. WreckinGT

WreckinGT Helluva Engineer

I don’t think Republicans will keep the house but if they did, we would basically get a victory tweet by Trump followed by pretty much nothing changing. For Trump himself, it would actually be a detrimental outcome to his chances of re-election in 2020.

MikeJackets1967 likes this.
  6. MikeJackets1967

I think President Trump will be Challenged by Jeff Flake and VP Mike Pence(Proving he's a RINO) in the GOP Primaries and President Trump will easily beat both. Then,i believe,President Trump will beat Joe Biden in the 2020 Presidential Election.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    GT_05 likes this.
  7. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

If the GOP got a filibuster proof majority in the Senate and kept the majority in the House, they'd do the same thing Democrats did when they had all that and the White House - absolutely nothing.

8. MikeJackets1967

Do you see Mike Pence stabbing President Trump in the back and running for the GOP nomination in 2020? I think Mike Pence is really a RINO who leans more to Never Trumper than to President Trump and i think it's very possible that he would run for the GOP nomination in 2020 though he would lose badly to President Trump.

9. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

I would not be surprised if he gets primary, but I doubt it will be from Prnce.

10. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

Dems did American Health Care and big spending/Stimulus.

Republicans would get an immigration bill/DACA fix done.

11. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

On a technicality, neither the stimulus nor the ACA passed until a filibuster proof majority. For a long period of time Kennedy was dying, and you had Specter switch seats, Byrd sick, etc etc. both of these passed when Democrats couldn’t get 60 votes. 3 Republicans voted to clear the filibuster on the Stimulus but then voted against it... but they only needed 51 votes at that point. The ACA was passed with a bunch of 51 vote reconciliation actions (and kickbacks and bribes).

You have more faith in the Republicans than I do. For several years they promised to fix the ACA, and then when given the chance couldn’t agree on how to do anything.

12. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

Dems may have been the ones robbing the bank, but Pubs held the door open & drove the getaway car. You can argue which ones are the bigger felons, but not that both aren’t felons.

bwelbo likes this.
  13. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

I was responding to a question about what was done with a filibuster proof majority by a Dem senate, to my recollection.

14. MikeJackets1967

15. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

16. MikeJackets1967

17. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

18. MikeJackets1967

:LOL::ROFLMAO::hilarious:

19. MikeJackets1967

Here's a great political blast from the past. Here's the GW Bush 2000 Presidential Election political commercial Really MD:LOL:

20. MikeJackets1967

I love these anti-Hillary Donald Trump commercials from the 2016 Election they were awesome:cool: