What do I do with my Russell GT stuff now?

What do I do with my Russell stuff now that Adidas GT gear is available?

• Honorable retirement at the back of the closet

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • Wear it, but not to games

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • GT stuff is GT stuff - wear it loud, wear it proud

Votes: 63 53.4%
  • Take it to Goodwill; good riddance

Votes: 11 9.3%
  • S##tcan it. Russell sucks. Always has, always will

Votes: 16 13.6%

• Total voters

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
This morning I was trying to come up with more ideas to engage GT fans.

An idea I floated to the wife - and if you read no further, this obviously means it was rejected - was a late summer/early fall pep rally themed around a Russell Athletics bonfire. Make.That.Stuff.Burn. From the fire of course Adidas gear and the 2018 season rises from the ashes. I am a man of symbolism ;)

Practically speaking, there could be a safe bonfire, and there'd be a table to donate the old clothes to Goodwill or some other charity. Then, GT could hand out Russell labeled token items that folks can throw in the fire. If GT wants to make a buck, have some tables/tents with Adidas gear. It's effectively an exchange event. Have Stansbury or someone give a motivational speech, bring out some food trucks or Varsity tent, and you have a nice evening.

Horrible idea though :)

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
fa80d5f37682f91820fb914140340a4f.jpg

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
The advice of my fellow Swarmers is requested for an important life decision. I have a Russell hat, polo, and hoodie of 2008-2010 vintage (blue piping on the hat & hoodie).

Collectors items. Hang on to them. In 30 years people will be arguing over what shade of gold it was and whether it was navy or black.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
They'll be made into my primary gym and workout shirts. I'll try to wear only the new adidas gold gear to the games to encourage unformity. Watching the NHL playoffs now, it's cool seeing whole stadiums filled with with singular colors. Though I saw a Bruins game with everyone wearing several different colors/shades and it looked pretty lame. Let's not be the Bruins.

It would be interesting if GTAA held an event where you can turn in 2 Russell items for a discount on an adidas item. Have the items turned in go to charity or recycling. Push that GT gold branding for the whole stadium. Hell, give out a drink voucher for the first few games to everyone that comes wearing official adidas gold clothing. Consistent gold outs would be great for establishing a brand identity.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
So what was the option besides Russell? Not wearing Tech gear?

Now you have lost me. My point earlier was if you are a fan and bought Russell gear it must have been good enough to spend money on it so why not keep wearing it post Russel.

Then you “?” A reply. And I clarified that only the players had no say so in the gear they wore on field.

Hope this clarifies.