What Are They Saying in Gobbler Country

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The only player that hurt us the last 2 years is gone, cake walk!

True. I'm not going as far as to say it'll be a cake walk, but with their injuries on Dline and the coaching staff's clear emphasis on whining about the blocking, I think we have a shot at moving it on O. D gotta stand up though.

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
This is the link to a VPI football board (warning - horrible/antiquated format and garish color scheme): TSL

They are still yakking a lot about ECU and don't have that much to say (yet) about Saturday's game.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
evYXDrI.jpg
the link funny somewhat...but I can hear Holtz saying this.. lol

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Quote from their boards

GT's talent is way down, and their QB is not nearly as good as

Nesbitt or even Tevin Washington. This GT team should be 6-6 at the very best. However, VT and other ACC teams like UNC make them look way better than they really are-especially on defense. so as always the game will be "interesting" unless VT's offense clicks. GT will pop some big plays with the option, but Bud will hold them around 21 points as always. VT's offense should score 35 or more, but they won't and it will be a nail biter again

The QB is track star not a football player

See #80 on VT's sideline for the challenges with that. Other than that, you are spot on.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think they'll be unpleasantly surprised with JT's performance. They could be correct about everything else, but they'll find out quickly that JT is a true QB, although very different than either JN or TW. Bud's never seen the option run like it will be run on Saturday. I expect to see some burners turned on.

I expect that we'll see many, many complimentary comments from the VT boards regarding JT as a QB after the game.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Quote from their boards

GT's talent is way down, and their QB is not nearly as good as

Nesbitt or even Tevin Washington. This GT team should be 6-6 at the very best. However, VT and other ACC teams like UNC make them look way better than they really are-especially on defense. so as always the game will be "interesting" unless VT's offense clicks. GT will pop some big plays with the option, but Bud will hold them around 21 points as always. VT's offense should score 35 or more, but they won't and it will be a nail biter again
Let me see if I understand this logic:
1. GT is terrible and should be a 6-6 team
2. VPISU, UNC, and other ACC teams are also terrible
...therefore GT looks less terrible than they are??? SWEET!!! VPISU thinks we are better than we look! That attempt at an underhanded insult was actually an underhanded compliment! :)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
In cover zero, are the corners typically giving cushion or are they in bump and run? I hope cushion because that falls right into smoke route and hitch/go.

VPI has been playing really tight coverage with their corners. ECU had some success with tall receivers and high passes. They were also susceptible to PI calls because they typically weren't turning back to see the ball.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
VPI has been playing really tight coverage with their corners. ECU had some success with tall receivers and high passes. They were also susceptible to PI calls because they typically weren't turning back to see the ball.
OK, seeing Waller go high and make that circus catch makes me feel better. We already know Smelter can go high with the best of them. I'm starting to see a return of the Josh to BayBay jump balls of old. You don't need a lot of time to throw that, either, just chuck it up.

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
OK, seeing Waller go high and make that circus catch makes me feel better. We already know Smelter can go high with the best of them. I'm starting to see a return of the Josh to BayBay jump balls of old. You don't need a lot of time to throw that, either, just chuck it up.
I like how our offense matches up to their D much better this year than in years past. Of course, it all depends on how our guys perform, but we appear to have the right strengths on O to hurt them.