What Are They Saying in Gobbler Country

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
They really have no room to talk about our coach. Beamer looks like he glued a piece of roast beef on his neck!

NO!NO!NO! You have it wrong.

107865398_crop_340x234.jpg

He's a Hokie (Turkey)

turkey-face.jpg

turkey_neck__48283_zoom.jpg

Come on mane! :)

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
They have a fit if anyone says anything about Beamer's neck.

I say if they are going to dish it out, they should learn to take it.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Now, now. Beamer has a goiter; he can't help it and neither can anyone else.

The takeaway from the reports that I got is that we are averaging 468 ypg on offense and that ranks us 47th in the country! That is simply ridiculous, but they don't actually play D much in many conferences so I guess I shouldn't get too upset.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Wonder how long until the "chop block" complaints start? /checks Twitter/ Oh never mind then, already in progress. :rolleyes:

hopefully the acorn won't become the mighty oak to the refs..

OH HECK, what was I thinking..They'll brushing up on it now. With turkey neck crying me a river, we shouldn't be surprise to have a call or two. Just hope it's not the time that it effects the game there.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Now, now. Beamer has a goiter; he can't help it and neither can anyone else.

The takeaway from the reports that I got is that we are averaging 468 ypg on offense and that ranks us 47th in the country! That is simply ridiculous, but they don't actually play D much in many conferences so I guess I shouldn't get too upset.
My thought too. Amazing that you could be 32 yards short of averaging 500 yards a game and barely be in the top 50 in the country. I am still trying to let that soak in. Does anyone play defense anymore?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Wonder how long until the "chop block" complaints start? /checks Twitter/ Oh never mind then, already in progress. :rolleyes:

How dare you? We practice a "dangerous style of play". Chop blocking is nothing to be made fun of. With all the careers we've ended due to the practice it's amazing Congress hasn't stepped in to put a stop to us. I mean, since we're the only team that executes any form of cut blocking.

The fact that VT's been called for as many chop blocks as we have this year was clearly a case of referee misconduct. :rolleyes:

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My thought too. Amazing that you could be 32 yards short of averaging 500 yards a game and barely be in the top 50 in the country. I am still trying to let that soak in. Does anyone play defense anymore?
You have to remember what time of year it is and what the match ups have looked like. Those numbers will come down some when teams start playing in their leagues. Still, offenses are dominating stats more of the time. It has been a trend with the hurry up and all.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You have to remember what time of year it is and what the match ups have looked like. Those numbers will come down some when teams start playing in their leagues. Still, offenses are dominating stats more of the time. It has been a trend with the hurry up and all.

I think it's the time of year - strong playing weak. I don't think it is the hurry up, e.g more plays in a shorter period of time. That's because when I looked over the last few years compared to the first three weeks this year, the 10th top offense in the country were averaging about 10% more total yards per game and about 10% more yards per play. If there were more plays being the cause, I would have expected the yards per play to increase much less and the number of offensive plays to have increased. What many are running is the HU No Huddle maybe but still taking the same amount of time.

All that said, I'm surprised our rushing is only 13th yards per game and average rushing yards per play is 21st. Other teams are really racking it up. Where is Elon (70-0) when we need them? (tic)