What are the rational reasons we will beat VT?

techman

Georgia Tech Fan
Seems VT has only improved recently from looking beatable earlier in the season; especially with their win over WF recently. Any reason to think we might actually beat VT?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Looks like a long shot for the reason you stated...they took ND to the wire away (ND then crushed Duke) and now they smothered WF.

We have about the same chance we had against Miami.

:)

Scubapro

Banned
It would have to be the idea we might get offense, defense and special teams to score.
This is the only way we win.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Not sure we will... The last three wins were becuase of the TO... Not sure we can beat em... But I will be one of the 30K fans there

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Very few rational reasons. But turnovers and luck happen.

We could have beaten UVa if we won the turnover battle and ST hadn't happened.

VT should be favored by about 2 scores, probably 10. So we'll need another good game, ST improvement and some luck.

Hopefully UVa eviscerates VT for the first time in 16 years this year.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
We play a clean game with no fumbles, screw ups on ST. Guessing we will be 7 - 10 pt. underdogs, and we will need continued improvement in all phases to cover that. Tall order for a very young team. Keeping my money in my pocket on this one.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
VT is a middling coastal team. We have been playing like a middling coastal team or better lately. I expect a dub, honestly.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I’m loving the fact that they keep winning enough with a cupcake schedule to keep Fuente’s seat cool. That guy is out of his league. And his 2020 cycle is shaping up to be one of the worst P5 recruiting classes in recent history.

This. I am way more concerned about UNC than VPI as a coastal rival in the coming years.

Deleted member 2897

Because we are fans of a good group of guys who are improving and good enough to win.

How many people on here said that Virginia was going to beat us by 40 points? How many said we’d never beat Miami? We were like 2 plays away from beating both Pittsburgh and Virginia.

Always believe we’re good enough to win. And make sure you have an adequate supply of alcohol on hand.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Because we are fans of a good group of guys who are improving and good enough to win.

How many people on here said that Virginia was going to beat us by 40 points? How many said we’d never beat Miami? We were like 2 plays away from beating both Pittsburgh and Virginia.

Always believe we’re good enough to win. And make sure you have an adequate supply of alcohol on hand.

I stopped at the liquor store today to pick up a bottle of bourbon, so I’m set...

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
The most rational reason would be because we scored at least one more point than they do.

Personally not over 50% confident that it will happen, regardless I will be at the game cheering on the team.