"What a time to be alive!"

BufordJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I believe the announcers name that said it was Mark Jones. My new favorite announcer. I think to say something like this then you have to have some sort of ( Yes we won, like he deep down likes Tech ) inside of you. I don't think anyone on TV could of said anything better that explained how I felt in the stands high fiveing everyone around me. If I can find his address I will be mailing him some Georgia Tech gear to say thank you.

Go Jackets!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
the guys were ragging on us all night. Did not like the announcers at all.

I've never had a problem with Mark Jones. He's been fair to us before IIRC. The problem was Gilmore who's never had anything positive to say about CPJ. He always plays up the I'm a former DB who hated cut blocks and WR's who block so he ALWAYS has an anti-GT slant.

Plus we're not in the PAC-10/12 or whatever they are so he has no love for us.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I've never had a problem with Mark Jones. He's been fair to us before IIRC. The problem was Gilmore who's never had anything positive to say about CPJ. He always plays up the I'm a former DB who hated cut blocks and WR's who block so he ALWAYS has an anti-GT slant.

Plus we're not in the PAC-10/12 or whatever they are so he has no love for us.
After the play of JT scrambling us out of field goal range Rod went on about a 5 minute diatribe of how it was CPJ's fault and everything wrong with the play call and how "you're an option team who hasn't done anything on offense today!"

jackette

Jolly Good Fellow
I believe the announcers name that said it was Mark Jones. My new favorite announcer. I think to say something like this then you have to have some sort of ( Yes we won, like he deep down likes Tech ) inside of you. I don't think anyone on TV could of said anything better that explained how I felt in the stands high fiveing everyone around me. If I can find his address I will be mailing him some Georgia Tech gear to say thank you.

Go Jackets!
GA TECH may have to swap out one of the slogans or mission statements to "WHAT A GREAT TIME TO BEE ALIVE"

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
After the play of JT scrambling us out of field goal range Rod went on about a 5 minute diatribe of how it was CPJ's fault and everything wrong with the play call and how "you're an option team who hasn't done anything on offense today!"
To be fair to Rod that was a terrible play by JT...you see coach light into him on the sideline? You've got to get that ball out and live to fight another day. Thank God that didn't come back to haunt us later!

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
I think Mark Jones called the 09 Va Tech game also.

I think the call was awesome. He seemed to really enjoy that game.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Agree with @deeeznutz that it was indeed a bad play. However, his little diatribe was still a bit much to me especially when you couple it with a night of constant bashing. Bash the coach, bash the playcalls, bash the scheme, bash the blocking, blah, blah, blah ...

Yeah, Gilmore, we struggled on offense but dude have you watched us the last 5 weeks? How about talking about some of the reasons we've struggled.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I think it was a scripted line. All announcers prepare some lines ahead of time for just such moments. He had a goofy line in the first half with an FSU pun in it and I was thinking the same thing then.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Gilmore is a p***y. Sucks when we get dbags like him covering our games. Another reason to watch games live. I've about given up on media coverage. Local radio is complete garbage....ajc coverage is pretty anemic. I'd be screwed without this site.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Finally having a chance to view the recording. Gilmore is an effing moron and world class crybaby!!! Oh Oh PLEASE don't cut block me, my knees my knees................................I'm sure he's prt of the WHINE and cheese crowd!!!

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
the chess vs checkers comment really got me upset too. A cross-charge is something JT sees every game, and he made the wrong read one time in a big spot. Gilmore went on about how they're winning the mind games now because they did that.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I was at the game so didn't hear the full telecast. That said, I thought both the TV call and the radio call of the final play were awesome.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
It was a little bit corny..he was referring to the drake and future album titled "what a time to be alive" that was just released.