What’s wrong with my iPhone during web searches?

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Sometimes when I do web searches on my iphone (primarily use DuckDuckGo or Firefox) the searches come back without any images or embedded attachements, if that's an accurate description of what's not showing up. More often that not the url address bar shows a google.com url/address. I think this primarily happens at home using my wifi. Anyone know what's happening?

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Are you using a blocker like uBlock Origin? Sometimes images come from user tracking sites, marketing sites or even hack sites and uBlock knows a lot of them and keeps the list refreshed.
So those requests are never sent out to those types of site when you browse the web

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Your friendly neighborhood Tech geek here to remind you that posting screenshots do wonders when it comes to these types of issues. ;)

searches come back without any images or embedded attachements
This actually sounds normal. When I search google, some search terms do not return any images in the result either. This is mainly because limited real estate on a mobile screen may trigger the site to collapse extra content like images.