Western Carolina this weekend

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
They are 1-5 so far this season (with a DH planned for today). Hopefully the Jackets continue their winning ways this weekend in what looks like some pretty good weather. I've heard that King may still be out for another week, so think Gibson is going to get the Saturday start again. Wonder if we will see the same lineup we saw on Tuesday? That lineup may be our best offensive lineup.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
They are clobbering an undermanned Niagara team by double digits, but that means about as much as the fact that Georgia State routed their opponent last weekend. We should breeze...a single loss would be an upset in this series...should be sorta like last weekend's series with UMBC. It will be nice to se eu continue to work some of the kinks out. Hope that Puerifoy and Kel can snap out of their slumps...but much more confidant that English will get going (he's making good contact at times, just been unlucky...while the other two have more often looked lost at the plate).

Interesting about King...one man's issue is another's opportunity...we've got a plethora of arms on this team. I am sure Hall is keeping King ready for FSU. And by the way, Hall also said Kel doesn't look like he has his swing back yet.

I think Hall is a bit torn right now between his best offensive lineup (which we saw against Georgia State because there was a gale force wind blowing out to LF that evening), and a better defensive lineup.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Puerifoy has been left in way too long imho, He has left key runners on base and his hitting is in the dumps. C'mon Danny, stop sticking with guys who are in such deep slumps!

ball4life66

Helluva Engineer
Puerifoy has been left in way too long imho, He has left key runners on base and his hitting is in the dumps. C'mon Danny, stop sticking with guys who are in such deep slumps!
I agree. Problem is do we have anybody else that can play CF? We could use Taylor Trammell right about now. I pray he makes it to campus next year.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I wonder where Carter Hall will play when he gets healthy again? I know he is a SS, but we seem pretty solid at SS. Can either he or Justice play CF? Would we do something like that? I thought we had plenty of OFers?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Much better today from the Jackets. Blowing out an overmatched opponent 11-3 in the 7th.

Not bad considering we gave up 2 runs to their first 4 hitters (single, walk, single, single)...to then stop then with one run the next 7 innings ain't bad.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
14-3 final

Danny Hall's kid got an RBI on his first career at bat if I heard correctly.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Actually, the only team left undefeated in the power 5 conferences. Hopefully we can keep it going tomorrow.

We should be able to. Western has terrible pitching. Team ERA around 7 last year and about the same this year. I will be disappointed if we don't pound them again today.

The games next week should be instructive. Auburn isn't great but is still a step up from what we have been playing and on the road. Then comes FSU in Tallahassee. now THAT should be an interesting series. The entire series will be on ESPN3 (although likely with FSU announcers) so we should get to watch how the younger Jackets react to such an environment.

I still don't understand our baseriunning though. Two more CS yesterday. I wasn't able to go to the game or listen until very late so I don't know how those happened, but our base running has been sloppy to say t he least early season.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
JACKETS WIN! Still undefeated.
Cc5Ft7tW8AAgyts.jpg