Wesley Wells earns his scholarship!

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Little help but I seem to remember a few weeks ago that his mother tweeted something that seemed like this was done a few weeks ago . Anyone remember that tweet ?

She didn't say it in so many words, but seemed to hint at it. I'm very glad to see Wesley was awarded what he very clearly earned.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
upload_2019-5-2_11-33-48.gif

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Great news! CGC must know of at least 4 guys leaving, guys Under The Line. There may also be other circumstances for departure as well.

For me, there’s a fine line between telling guys they currently aren’t performing well enough to play and telling them you’re no longer in our plans or your skills don’t translate to our scheme or we’re going in a different direction or flat out you should transfer. The latter are all examples of processing.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
How dare CGC and GT Process some poor kid by giving out this ship!

GT degrees are, again, devalued and all here will see a giant pay cut.
Are u serious or trolling with sarcasm. This has NOTHING whatsoever to do with processing. Wells performed at a high level. As for processing, stech81 said it best above.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
The Wesley Wells Earns His Scholarship thread, just above the Attrition thread on the front page. Obviously, easy to see how these correlate but lets not have them merge, this one time?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
This article on Wesley (from back in November of last year) merits a repeated read by everyone! Be sure to take a look at the photo of Wesley when he was in first grade:

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...esley-wells-folk-hero/2DQF1dCdYypZBBLlLTZLHP/

It must be a great feeling to earn a scholarship the hard way. What impressed me about his field goals last year was how all but one of them were right down the middle (one grazed the upright). I imagined him as practicing his technique until he perfected it. He's a hard worker, and has earned his keep.

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow

Sherri Wells received a text message Thursday morning from Georgia Tech coach Geoff Collins. The coach asked her to call him in the next 15 minutes if possible, and assured it was nothing bad. After repeated attempts to get the coach on the phone, she heard back from Collins, who was in his office with her son in the room.

“He called and said, ‘I just want to put you on speakerphone. I want you to hear when I let Wesley know that he’s been put on full scholarship,’” Sherri Wells said.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
"Sherri Wells received a text message Thursday morning from Georgia Tech coach Geoff Collins. The coach asked her to call him in the next 15 minutes if possible, and assured it was nothing bad. After repeated attempts to get the coach on the phone, she heard back from Collins, who was in his office with her son in the room..."

Read the rest here-

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...raDpD2UX1J/amp.html?__twitter_impression=true