Wes Durham - Top 50 Calls

White_Gold

GT Athlete
How old are you? Or maybe a better question, how long have you been a tech fan? Anyone that remembers the last few Gailey years would not say something this stupid. Gailey literally got booed during a commercial. If anything, triple option revived GT fandom. It may have run its course, but to say it killed GT football fan base just exposes your ignorance. I’ve been to a lot of games and the GT upset of VT in 2010 may have been one of the loudest games I ever attended. Attendance declined over the years, but’s that case for college football generally. Maybe the triple option killed college football??!!

Hey, bud, greatest Tech fan of all time, we didn't beat VT in 2010. Some fan you are...

The triple option at GT almost robbed us of having an elite program. Praise Jesus we've found the right guy that understands what Tech has to offer and how we can benefit from marketing our differentiations. But not only that, the old head man's position on how recruiting didn't matter, how building relationships with valuable partners didn't matter, and his lack of care to innovate his offense most certainly hindered us.

We wasted more than an entire decade for 1 ACC Championship and an extra .01 on the winning percentage.
CCG- .579
CPJ- .580

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Hey, bud, greatest Tech fan of all time, we didn't beat VT in 2010. Some fan you are...

The triple option at GT almost robbed us of having an elite program. Praise Jesus we've found the right guy that understands what Tech has to offer and how we can benefit from marketing our differentiations. But not only that, the old head man's position on how recruiting didn't matter, how building relationships with valuable partners didn't matter, and his lack of care to innovate his offense most certainly hindered us.

I meant the 2009 game. Of course you knew that, because my post was about games at BDS, and 2010 was an away game. 2009 was the year we beat VT at home. What a night. Not sure if this was before or after the triple option killed GT football, but at least that night the stadium was rocking. Didn't hear the Wes Durham call until I watched highlights afterwards.

Not really interested in debating the rest with you. We all know how you feel. So please continue repeating the same narratives that are (1) not really true, and regardless (2) have been discussed in probably too much detail on this board. I won't take the bait.

Scubapro

Banned
How old are you? Or maybe a better question, how long have you been a tech fan? Anyone that remembers the last few Gailey years would not say something this stupid. Gailey literally got booed during a commercial. If anything, triple option revived GT fandom. It may have run its course, but to say it killed GT football fan base just exposes your ignorance. I’ve been to a lot of games and the GT upset of VT in 2010 may have been one of the loudest games I ever attended. Attendance declined over the years, but’s that case for college football generally. Maybe the triple option killed college football??!!
I remember that...Gailey gave a PSA announcement on not drinking and driving. The people who didn’t like Chan said it was directed at him His defenders said the booing was TIC toward drinking

Scubapro

Banned

We wasted more than an entire decade for 1 ACC Championship and an extra .01 on the winning percentage.
CCG- .579
CPJ- .580
If you want Gailey esc types of seasons then you will be happy will Patenaude’s tenure here

White_Gold

GT Athlete
If you want Gailey esc types of seasons then you will be happy will Patenaude’s tenure here

CPJ could barely break Chan Gailey Equilibrium.
I'm not calling for the guy's head, way too early for that. I'm certainly not happy with the offense, don't get me wrong. We don't need to rehash the same arguments, but quite small and inexperienced OL, QB's that have never developed their skills throwing the ball or processing defenses, 13 RBs on the roster, and a petty former coach going to Duke to teach them how to beat us.

Scubapro

Banned
CPJ could barely break Chan Gailey Equilibrium.
I'm not calling for the guy's head, way too early for that. I'm certainly not happy with the offense, don't get me wrong. We don't need to rehash the same arguments, but quite small and inexperienced OL, QB's that have never developed their skills throwing the ball or processing defenses, 13 RBs on the roster, and a petty former coach going to Duke to teach them how to beat us.
Yeah Thats nice Gailey was a pu$$y and let Tenuda divide the locker room
Paul was the best game day coach since Friegen FACT but the press led the narrative that the triple O was garbage
The fact of the matter is Tech has historically been its own worst enemy
W Oleary bullied, rightfully so, the hill into getting the recruits he wanted
When he left the hill hamstrung both Chan and Paul until they showed they could get players that could it at Tech
By that time they were way behind talent wise
I think Stansbury may have stopped this But this staff is all talk and no substance
I hope I am wrong in that last statement but they won’t survive the next two seasons averaging 18 points a game

HMMM. I remember rocking crowds in 06 and 07. My memory could be off though.
There were rocking crowds early on in Chan's tenure, but by 07, they had dropped considerably. Now, to be fair, we lost a lot of STH's when DRad instituted the ticket fee. It wasn't the fact that we have to pay one, since every, or almost every, other school in the country has them; it was the way he sprung it on us. My section decreased in number of STH's by 50% in one year.