We're the most liked school in the ACC

alagold

Helluva Engineer
This poll is a general "like" poll --based on what?. name,rep,academics,sports, colors, location, Buzz, ? interesting--and uva loves us

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
This poll is a general "like" poll --based on what?. name,rep,academics,sports, colors, location, Buzz, ? interesting--and uva loves us
it was just a google doc for each P5 conference to rank the teams from 1 to whatever number in the conference based on whatever preference you wanted. Basically teams whose style you like and whose fans arent as big of *******s

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Assuming it's because Nebraska likes the option.

Cal likes GT, eh?

And no sign of Stanford fans anywhere.

strong90

Jolly Good Fellow
I live in Alabama, all of the fans here love GT as like a pet, second school. They pretty much all wish GT was still in the SEC.
Bama's fight song includes a reference to "...the Yellow Jackets" and they play/sing it over and over again...after every score and at every event (similar to our beloved "Ramblin' Wreck"). Every Bama fan can recite the lyrics, so we are forever on their minds.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Dunno if that is a good or bad thing.

Well, UNC hates Duke and NC State, South Carolina hates Clemson, UGA hates Tech, Everybody hates Miami, Sigh... I kind of wish we were hated. We are just so like able. Kind of like Vanderbilt in the SEC or Northwestern in Big 10. Back in Dodd's day, we were roundly hated by everybody especially the Mississippi schools. For the life of me, I can't understand some of these "likes" that we got. Tennessee? Alabama? Don't those people know their own fight song? "...send those yellow jackets to a watery grave..." Gee, this sort of sacrilege would have been unthinkable back in the day. Someone explain to me why we would be liked by Iowa State? Personally, I would have picked Clemson as my favorite team and Miami (natch) as my most hated ACC team. The others I am personally indifferent to although it is a lot of fun to beat UNC, Virginia Tech and Duke just because of tradition (Duke), Tobacco Road Mafia UNC, and Bud Foster for Virginia Tech. But I can't really say I hate any of those three teams.
I am trying to get the hate on for Pitt and Virginia Nah can't do it.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
As far as I'm concerned, I would rather Tech be the most hated! The most likable, seems like a "pat" on the head as you would do you're dog!

northgajacket

Banned
My experience with fans of other schools is they would rather Tech win than uga, some of it I believe is because Tech is usually the underdog and some of it because they absolutely loathe uga ( mostly fans of other SEC schools, but surprisingly every Michigan fan I have ever met hates them too, don't know why.). Probably the only exception is Va Tech, for some reason Hokie fans are obsessed with Ga. Tech.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Why are we liked so much? Others have stated it already but I'll reiterate. We are the mutts biggest rival unless on a 4 game or more losing streak to them. And damn near everyone hates the obnoxious mutts...see UF, UT, Aubie, Vandy, USC.....