We're Receiving Votes

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Gotta love the 8 SEC schools in the top 17 in the AP poll. Trying to make sure they have 3 SEC teams in the 4 team playoff?

thwgjacket

Gotta love the 8 SEC schools in the top 17 in the AP poll. Trying to make sure they have 3 SEC teams in the 4 team playoff?
The SEC could be terrible but ESPN would still hype them as if the SEC is the best conference ever. I was listening to ESPN Radio on Friday and they did a segment pondering if the SEC West is the best division in the history of college football. Then LSU and Mizzou lost. It's ridiculous, but when ESPN signed that huge contract with the SEC all credibility and unbiased reporting went out the window.

Ole Miss is 10th their OOC schedule is a bad Boise State, Memphis, UL-Lafayette and Presbyterian. How are we supposed to compare them to any other conference?

niel9533

Georgia Tech Fan
How about Justin's Total QB rating on ESPN College Football's home page...
Justin Thomas.GIF

jacket1515

Georgia Tech Fan
The SEC could be terrible but ESPN would still hype them as if the SEC is the best conference ever. I was listening to ESPN Radio on Friday and they did a segment pondering if the SEC West is the best division in the history of college football. Then LSU and Mizzou lost. It's ridiculous, but when ESPN signed that huge contract with the SEC all credibility and unbiased reporting went out the window.

Ole Miss is 10th their OOC schedule is a bad Boise State, Memphis, UL-Lafayette and Presbyterian. How are we supposed to compare them to any other conference?

I don't disagree with your point, but Mizzou is in the SEC East, FYI....

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
That's pretty surprising, since his completion percentage has been so low. He has been clutch on the needed completions though. I think that we are in for quite the year as he grows into the offense.

That QBR includes rushing. He's 27th in passer rating.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Well, it's cyclical for when conference play starts up. When one of these teams loses to the other, it's a ranked matchup so they count it as a "quality loss." This way they drop a bit and stay in the top 25 because it's not like they lost to some schmo unranked team. On the other side, the winning SEC team in the ranked matchup goes up a few spots for beating a "tough opponent." Eventually you'll end up with 3 or 4 SEC teams bookending the top 25 at the end of the season. It takes a team like Indiana to knock out teams that clearly don't belong for any other reason than generating revenue on big, late night games between ranked SEC titans.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Good thing is it's not just us. Duke is 4-0 and not in the Top 25 either. I can't seem to figure out how a 3-1 ECU team is in the Top 25 over us unless somehow losing to South Carolina gives them more credentials. From an eye test I can see how ECU would be above us but not from a qualitative viewpoint.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Good thing is it's not just us. Duke is 4-0 and not in the Top 25 either. I can't seem to figure out how a 3-1 ECU team is in the Top 25 over us unless somehow losing to South Carolina gives them more credentials. From an eye test I can see how ECU would be above us but not from a qualitative viewpoint.

They're playing pretty against "highly regarded" teams. We're playing ugly, and Duke's playing patsies. If Duke beats Miami, they'll be in, imo. Hangin In with A&M gives them some cache.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Duke-Miami ought to be very, very interesting. Glad we then get them both at home. Got to be a coaches dream, getting two weeks to analyze our next two opponents playing each other.