Welp. UCF 27 - GT 10

chriscarter

Georgia Tech Fan
Not much left to say. Everyone is just in waiting mode at this point.
I think your right. My usual crowd went fishing today and said they can't be bothered by watching games this season. Keep in mind these are GT grads and season ticket holders not just sidewalk fans.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Considering we dominated this game in a lot of aspects and still lost by multiple possessions, I feel this is a worse game for Geoff than 42-0. We had no business losing this game.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
The real issue is that all of us praying for a firing isn’t going to happen because Todd’s job is tied to Collins, so he’s praying that somehow Collins pulls and a miracle and wins some games to save his own job, but it ain’t going to happen so we unfortunately have to endure this circus until end of the year and they both are let go.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Considering we dominated this game in a lot of aspects and still lost by multiple possessions, I feel this is a worse game for Geoff than 42-0. We had no business losing this game.

I actually felt like we could win this game...and then we settled into being a Geoff Collins coached team. Blocked punts. Turnovers. Questionable play calls. Poor execution. Penalties. Terrible special teams. We like to make games much harder than it needs to be...it's as if we like helping the other team.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
It was very clear that Georgia Tech was the more talented team on the field.

It was also very clear that Georgia Tech was the more poorly coached team.

It’s over. And it’s sad really. With the talent that’s there this year a halfway decent coach would take us to a bowl. And a good coach could probably win 8-9 games with how sh*tty the ACC is this year. A good coach probably also doesn’t lose Gibbs in the off-season, and if we have Gibbs, Ivey, and Domineck on this team we’d literally be ACC title contenders.

Unfortunate, sad, unacceptable, unwatchable. Need something big to happen now or GT football is done.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
This feels a lot like how WCU was able to move the ball against us and not score points. We are going to spend a week beating our chest about our yards, but the moral of the story is, even if we kick fgs on each tripe to the redzone, we still lose this game. We need to improve quickly by next week

Last edited:

chriscarter

Georgia Tech Fan
It was very clear that Georgia Tech was the more talented team on the field.

It was also very clear that Georgia Tech was the more poorly coached team.

It’s over. And it’s sad really. With the talent that’s there this year a halfway decent coach would take us to a bowl. And a good coach could probably win 8-9 games with how sh*tty the ACC is this year. A good coach probably also doesn’t lose Gibbs in the off-season, and if we have Gibbs, Ivey, and Domineck on this team we’d literally be ACC title contenders.

Unfortunate, sad, unacceptable, unwatchable. Need something big to happen now or GT football is done.
We are far away from ACC title contenders. We have talent but still at bottom of conference compared to other programs.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Can someone teach Gee-off how to put 3 men by the punter instead of 2? 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️
The punter has been blamed for being too slow to kick, the snapper has been blamed for low snaps, the team has failed to block everyone needed. I will add that the punter pre-snap is lining up 13 1/2 yards deep (as opposed to 15) and he steps up after catching the snap as well. No excuse for 4 blocked punts....coaching

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
Some good things. The defense fought hard and kept us in the game. Nate McCollum had an incredible effort play to save a touchdown and get us the ball back. Hall had his most productive game for us. Eley continues to be a baller. Sims has some very good plays, just needs more consistency.