Well, Well, Well.....

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
"...Dr. G.P. Bud Peterson understands as he went to Provost Dr. Rafael Bras and demanded a new degree program to assist athletics. His request had just two requirements. One, it had to have technology in its title and two, it had to offer calculus as one of its core subjects."
Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-foot...c-standards-for-football/?olL27Mf0Pkhcioxk.99"

So Calculus is still a requirement. I doubt this will change all that much...this is one of the toughest classes a lot of these kids have to take already, and something that keeps kids that are scared of the academics out. However, I'm not sure that's a bad thing. I actually like that we try to keep up the academic integrity of the school, as opposed to the UNC's and ugag's of the world that just invent fake classes and hand out degrees that are worthless.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
"...Dr. G.P. Bud Peterson understands as he went to Provost Dr. Rafael Bras and demanded a new degree program to assist athletics. His request had just two requirements. One, it had to have technology in its title and two, it had to offer calculus as one of its core subjects."
Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-foot...c-standards-for-football/?olL27Mf0Pkhcioxk.99"

So Calculus is still a requirement. I doubt this will change all that much...this is one of the toughest classes a lot of these kids have to take already, and something that keeps kids that are scared of the academics out. However, I'm not sure that's a bad thing. I actually like that we try to keep up the academic integrity of the school, as opposed to the UNC's and ugag's of the world that just invent fake classes and hand out degrees that are worthless.

Ahhh, so as I suspected, Tech asked to keep the requirement of Calculus but people blame that on the Board of Regents. Sounds about right.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Ahhh, so as I suspected, Tech asked to keep the requirement of Calculus but people blame that on the Board of Regents. Sounds about right.
I think the Hill hurts more thatn the BOR even though when yu look at BOR not that many Tech folks on the board and I assure the ones that went to Georgie are die hard football fans.Dont think we will get any help with academics from the Hill.It is what it is .

How is it that Russell can suck for so long? You'd think they'd wave a pile of cash at the Nike people and hire them away so they could get better. Or are they trying to be like the Detroit car makers- produce a low cost piece of crap and work their revenue a nickel at a time?
In my opinion... The best looking uniform that Georgia Tech wore all year and for the past several years for that matter was the Throwbacks. If they had played good in them it would of really helped.

9269725.jpeg
9269656.jpeg