Well, Well, Well.....

gtdrew

Banned
What I expect going forward is that CPJ gets more trust from "the Hill" regarding guys he can get in. His graduation rate is sky-high, and I'd like to see him go into "the Hill" and say; "look, I get guys through. I can get this guy through. Let me have him."

LibertyTurns

Banned
It's hard enough convincing "The Hill" you can graduate after you've passed all your classes. I can only imagine how hard it is to convince "The Hill" someone could graduate before even taking a class. It's not in their DNA.

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
IMO we should wear exactly what we wore in 1990 and be done with it. Those were great looking traditional uniforms that we won a national championship in. Case closed.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
IMO we should wear exactly what we wore in 1990 and be done with it. Those were great looking traditional uniforms that we won a national championship in. Case closed.
Roger that....can you guys imagine the players st BAMA..lsu...ga.muscle meechigan...Penn st.....etc telling coaches what they want to wear...sixxunisxin six yrs and we still ain't got it right.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Why shouldnt the players get to pick? They are the ones that wear them at the end of the day...jerseys also factor in recruiting.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Why shouldnt the players get to pick? They are the ones that wear them at the end of the day...jerseys also factor in recruiting.

Because Eric, there is more invested in uniforms than most people understand. Uniforms are, and always have a traditional symbol of the school's football history. It's kind of like a Flag or Banner that people rally around and gives 'identity' to the team. Tech is also under contract with Russell, whose designs have looked more like Power Rangers, Roller Ball players, and most recently 'chicken wire' and 'bubble wrap'. They're Football Players, not Cartoon Characters.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Because Eric, there is more invested in uniforms than most people understand. Uniforms are, and always have a traditional symbol of the school's football history. It's kind of like a Flag or Banner that people rally around and gives 'identity' to the team. Tech is also under contract with Russell, whose designs have looked more like Power Rangers, Roller Ball players, and most recently 'chicken wire' and 'bubble wrap'. They're Football Players, not Cartoon Characters.

What matters the most...what the uniforms look like or winning? We need all the help we can get with recruiting and up to date uniforms help. I agree that Russell is not good, I would prefer nike.

I recall two years ago a high caliber recruit told me he picked a SEC school over GT because of GT having russell.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Eric, did his SEC uniform have a stuffed pocket in it? Pesonally, I don't think extremely few kids would choose a school because of the uniform. I think the head coach is the most important reason, next the studies, his chances at playing time, maybe some pretty girls in the school, etal. I would guess the uniforms are way down the line. After saying all of this, I really don't care if they choose the uniforms. I have a preference as to which ones I like best, but they can wear jeans as long as they win.

gtyj18jr

Jolly Good Fellow
Brand of jersey. Not the style and/or color of the uniform, which I'd say that's barely in the top 10 when players are considering schools. I've heard a few Tech players gripe about wearing better quality jerseys when they were in high school, i.e. Russell sucks.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Brand of jersey. Not the style and/or color of the uniform, which I'd say that's barely in the top 10 when players are considering schools. I've heard a few Tech players gripe about wearing better quality jerseys when they were in high school, i.e. Russell sucks.

style and color play a big factor...Look at Oregon for example.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
unis are steeped in tradition...when you make a institution like tech look like the ducks I think you lose something.yes letting players have a say is cool but what do you do after unis...do you ask them if they want to practice or when do they want to close practice? .Look at top teams ....they have not changed much in many many yrs....I guess if you won nine games a yr then the stripes solids urine color chicken wire is fine but when I look at what we wear......I wonder who is on the field.not so sure folks go to. BAMA..usc.Penn st..auburn.Tenn.Fla...fsu.osu because they are so enthralled with the unis....six unis in six yrs tells me we don't have our act together.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
What matters the most...what the uniforms look like or winning? We need all the help we can get with recruiting and up to date uniforms help. I agree that Russell is not good, I would prefer nike.

I recall two years ago a high caliber recruit told me he picked a SEC school over GT because of GT having russell.

Eric almost all the SEC schools have the same uniform (with a few tweaks here and there) that they have worn for 50 years. Alabama, Auburn, Georgia (Yuk!), Florida, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, etc. Sometimes they do wear special uniforms but they are the 'exception' not the rule. I don't mind updated uniforms, football uniforms always change, I just don't like when they become walking 'billboards'.
The uniforms Tech wore this year were kind blah as far as design, but they looked like football players. What Oregon does works for them, but they are on the 'left' coast. Georgia Tech will get recruits, but it will be because of the new Sports Technology major, more money and personnel devoted to recruiting, going nationwide, etc......

Si.....

images
images
images

No............

images
images
images

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos

Players picking their uni's? These must be the kids that were given trophies for just showing up.

As far jerseys and recruiting...the recruits (and some of uniform decision makers in the AA) should take a trip down GT's Football Legacy Hall and then tell them "this is GT. You can wear this!" :)