Well Damn Jeff

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't think it affects that at all, any more than whatever else a kid does in his free time. He just might get a little $ for this.
How much free time does a student athlete have? I imagine their time is pretty much divvied up between school and football. If we were an SEC factory it might be a different story.

It’s not just time though. It’s where your mind is at.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
How much free time does a student athlete have? I imagine their time is pretty much divvied up between school and football. If we were an SEC factory it might be a different story.

This entire photoshoot probably didn’t take much longer than an hour if you include the time it took Jeff to travel to the site and back to campus. It took place over a bye week when they most likely had Monday and Tuesday off of practice. And they probably bought him lunch. So it was probably no different than going to eat lunch with teammates or friends.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

I am sure they are extremely busy with school and football, but yes, they have free time. Everyone needs that. You don't think they play Xbox, get on social media, have social lives, date, or do anything else college kids do?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I am sure they are extremely busy with school and football, but yes, they have free time. Everyone needs that. You don't think they play Xbox, get on social media, have social lives, date, or do anything else college kids do?
Of course they do. But they still do that stuff and do this stuff too. It’s a major distraction I think they don’t need. It’s also me versus we in a way.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
This entire photoshoot probably didn’t take much longer than an hour if you include the time it took Jeff to travel to the site and back to campus. It took place over a bye week when they most likely had Monday and Tuesday off of practice. And they probably bought him lunch. So it was probably no different than going to eat lunch with teammates or friends.
You’re probably right. But what about the meet and greet and signing autographs and all that jazz? The photo shoot was promoting an appearance he hast to make later to do all that stuff.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Wonder how BMW feels about it since they’re one of our bigger sponsors hence the BMW on the background bulletin board during all of the interviews.
Very inexpensive way of Mercedes getting a little exposure. I guess it does have something to do with the partnership with the stadium itself/Arthur Blank that Collins has worked so hard to establish.

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
Hopefully, his play will be electric, not shocking, this Saturday

Hopefully he torches the Cavs!
(sorry TSLA owners)
1634775517194.png

Last edited:

GTG768B

Jolly Good Fellow
LOL...leave it to GT fans to turn a positive for an SA's (and by extension GT's) marketability into a negative. GT fans doing GT fan things...

Seriously... Imagine if you had a message board of adults arguing what you did with your free time... I'm sure some of y'all would have taken exception to some decisions I made in college. How is this any more "me first" than getting a coop job with Delta or Coke?

Good for you, Jeff. Leverage your exposure. Take advantage of being in Atlanta. Use your connections. This only helps the GT family.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Seriously... Imagine if you had a message board of adults arguing what you did with your free time... I'm sure some of y'all would have taken exception to some decisions I made in college. How is this any more "me first" than getting a coop job with Delta or Coke?

Good for you, Jeff. Leverage your exposure. Take advantage of being in Atlanta. Use your connections. This only helps the GT family.
Agree. I'm sure some on here would take exception to decisions I make last weekend as a 48 year old man. You can't please everyone. Take advantage of the opportunities that present themselves to you.