Well, at least we are not DOOK.......yet

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
When I get discouraged by our success (or lack of same) in football, I always google "Duke Football Record by year".
My latest results:
From 1999-2007 "BC" (Before Cutcliff), Dook- under Head Coaches Carl Franks 7-45, and Ted Roof 6-45, was
a combined 13-90 !!!
Feel better now ??

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
When I get discouraged by our success (or lack of same) in football, I always google "Duke Football Record by year".
My latest results:
From 1999-2007 "BC" (Before Cutcliff), Dook- under Head Coaches Carl Franks 7-45, and Ted Roof 6-45, was
a combined 13-90 !!!
Feel better now ??
You say this and we had a sizable number of fans who wanted Roof to be HC

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Seriously, like a fool, I have gotten my hopes up every spring and summer for about 50 years. I am trying to talk myself
into having absolutely NO expectations for this year. My fate is in the hands of a HC and staff I have no confidence in, with players that could very
well be on the team one day and gone tomorrow.
I would start watching golf, but that mostly puts me to sleep. But at my age, almost everything else does too.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Have to get to the third team to see our first player, only have 3 players in the top 4 teams.... I know that preseason projections are mostly worthless but we can't even hang our hat on projections.
This is simply a projection of the fact we have very little production returning (I believe SP+ has GT at 118th in returning production).
So you combine having few returning players that have shown any production and no transfers that are seen as major impact types and this is what you will see.

We still have to put 11 players on the field on each side of the ball. Some will end up playing well and some won't.

It just shows how few guys heading into the season that GT fans can look at and say - "we can hang our hat on that guy to make plays".

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
This is simply a projection of the fact we have very little production returning (I believe SP+ has GT at 118th in returning production).
So you combine having few returning players that have shown any production and no transfers that are seen as major impact types and this is what you will see.

We still have to put 11 players on the field on each side of the ball. Some will end up playing well and some won't.

It just shows how few guys heading into the season that GT fans can look at and say - "we can hang our hat on that guy to make plays".
Nailed it !

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Seriously, like a fool, I have gotten my hopes up every spring and summer for about 50 years. I am trying to talk myself
into having absolutely NO expectations for this year. My fate is in the hands of a HC and staff I have no confidence in, with players that could very
well be on the team one day and gone tomorrow.
I would start watching golf, but that mostly puts me to sleep. But at my age, almost everything else does too.
C'mon Sheboygan. You know you'll fall into that trap by the time toe meets leather. We all do. It's the Charlie Brown syndrome. Your football awaits you...

1654291047931.png

Last edited:

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
My latest results:
a combined 13-90 !!!
Feel better now ??
Let me think a moment...NO. If we are honest with ourselves, Georgia Tech is about as irrelevant on the national scene as Duke, Vanderbilt, and Tulane. It has come to that. The last home game against Georgia in a sea of red speaks volumes, just as Vanderbilt has faced with Tennessee for many years and Tulane back in the day suffered with LSU. A paycheck for being a punching bag. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
C'mon Sheboygan. You know you'll fall into that trap by the time toe meets leather. We all do. It's the Charlie Brown syndrome. Your football awaits you...

View attachment 12526
You are so right........all I need is a few "puff" articles or some coach to tell me that the team is working real hard, and has made great strides in the fall........
I am hooked...........reel me in.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
You are so right........all I need is a few "puff" articles or some coach to tell me that the team is working real hard, and has made great strides in the fall........
I am hooked...........reel me in.
After 15 the players came back with a chip on there shoulder.

After 3 bad years if this 22 group out performs, they will be long remembered.

The last 5 games = 4 are on road.
FSU is only one I can drive.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Let me think a moment...NO. If we are honest with ourselves, Georgia Tech is about as irrelevant on the national scene as Duke, Vanderbilt, and Tulane. It has come to that. The last home game against Georgia in a sea of red speaks volumes, just as Vanderbilt has faced with Tennessee for many years and Tulane back in the day suffered with LSU. A paycheck for being a punching bag. Nothing more, nothing less.
IMO, we were sliding into that irrelevance under CPJ. TStan thought he would bring the carnival to town , recruit better players using flash and glitz, build more of a national following, win more games, and put us back in the conversation. I am afraid that in many ways, we are worse off than we were before CGC. This year is critical.
If I don't see more growling and less smiling from our HC, we are doomed to obscurity for the foreseeable future. Just my 2 cents. I will be glad to admit I was wrong with a strong (6 win) turnaround.