Tempest_12

Jolly Good Fellow
You had trouble with the Calvin one?

The acceptable answers were case-insensitive:

Calvin
Johnson
Calvin Johnson
CJ

I know I tried: "Calvin" and "Calvin Johnson" Maybe it was broken along with the password reset stuff?

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
I know I tried: "Calvin" and "Calvin Johnson" Maybe it was broken along with the password reset stuff?

Oh, were you trying to get your pass reset this morning? The password reset was definitely broken, it was fixed at around 11AM.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Awesome site John, and thanks Eric for starting this. Usually post and view from my iPhone so looking forward to the mobile version. Like what I see though!

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
John
image.jpg
Yea it zooms in on the boxes when ur typing a post. It's a really responsive site though and pretty mobile friendly for the most part as it is. No rush on the mobile version lol.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
You probably did the smart thing to avoid the wrong shade of gold comments by just making the main color orange.

poodleface

Jolly Good Fellow
The new site is great so far. The "Committed" tags on the forum threads are helpful, and the general presentation is much slicker. The only suggestion I can think of is adding the projected position for recruits to the end of their name (this was suggested before):

ex. "George P. Burdell (CB)" (sorry George, I don't think we are taking any more corners)

Or perhaps the tagging system could be leveraged for this?

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
The new site is great so far. The "Committed" tags on the forum threads are helpful, and the general presentation is much slicker. The only suggestion I can think of is adding the projected position for recruits to the end of their name (this was suggested before):

ex. "George P. Burdell (CB)" (sorry George, I don't think we are taking any more corners)

Or perhaps the tagging system could be leveraged for this?

Thanks for the suggestion. I've added the position to the thread title for now but I definitely like the idea of a tagging system. I'll look into this as I don't think this is built in.

Tech First

Jolly Good Fellow
Welcome to the new site everyone...hope you like what you see so far!

Have a few things that I want all members to read below.

1.) We want as much feedback on the site as we can get...what you like about it, what we can improve, etc.

2.) Bugs/Issues with the site...with us launching a new site there is a always a chance of some bugs popping up. If you have any problems with things please PM either John or myself.

3.) How to help improve the GTswarm community...if you have any suggestions, ideas, things you would like to see or think could help the site...please let us know! Your input makes a big impact.

4.) Board rules....we are not going to be a forum that is lockdown and you have to be on pins and needles at all time. What rules would you guys like
to see eenforced if any? Of course we will have basic rules like no personal attacks on members, players or recruits.

Thank you all for making the migration over and enjoy the site!

May be wrong place to ask but are the times on the board pacific time just wanted to know?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Thank you both for putting together the site. I love how the threads are about Football and Football Recruiting. There seems to be no pissing contests and very few people trying to correct others (unless there is a factual error). It seems that the posters are more interested in sharing information than building message counts, and there's no "big cry". I'm so tired of those types of threads.

My single recommendation is clamp down hard on profanity (including the use of *&$#*#@&^). There is truly no need for it. We may use certain words in our every-day life conversations, but it isn't hard to filter what you write to exclude them. Think of it as sending an open email to your work colleagues. I have young teenage boys who absolutely are die-hard Tech fans and eat up this type of information. I've not allowed them to follow these types of boards because of the language. As long as it stays clean, they'll be allowed here.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Thank you both for putting together the site. I love how the threads are about Football and Football Recruiting. There seems to be no pissing contests and very few people trying to correct others (unless there is a factual error). It seems that the posters are more interested in sharing information than building message counts, and there's no "big cry". I'm so tired of those types of threads.
Me personally, this is the main reason why I wanted to start this site. If there was one thing that both Eric and I agreed on unequivocally, this was it. :)
My single recommendation is clamp down hard on profanity (including the use of *&$#*#@&^). There is truly no need for it. We may use certain words in our every-day life conversations, but it isn't hard to filter what you write to exclude them. Think of it as sending an open email to your work colleagues. I have young teenage boys who absolutely are die-hard Tech fans and eat up this type of information. I've not allowed them to follow these types of boards because of the language. As long as it stays clean, they'll be allowed here.
I'll leave this as an open feedback up for discussion for all the members of this community. For the time being, what we have are censors that replace specific words with asterisks (*) without removing them from the post (or removing the post) completely. We do want to make this a family-friendly place but also a place where GT fans can openly express themselves without being cracked down. I think there's some balancing that needs to be done there. Anyone else have any thoughts on this issue.

As a side note, I think we are doing okay so far but we all know once the season starts... it could be a whole different story.

Tempest_12

Jolly Good Fellow
I think it should be uncensored by default and if you want then "protection" than you can enable in on your account rather than enforcing that on everyone.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'd be happy to be able to turn on a filter that excluded any post with profanity.

Although I can string together a blistering collection of curse words and be generally foul mouthed when agitated (especially when GT makes bone-headed plays), I don't write that way. I find it much easier to contain my emotions when writing. It's obvious others can too. There are many, many threads already on this site that contain not a single foul word. If there's a filter, where do I find it?